Last Updated on
Tutorial posts are a great way for artists to build a following. You are an expert in your field, and people want to learn what you know. If you are having a difficult time building your traffic, I recommend that you start writing great art tutorials.
How Can Tutorials Build a Following?
People search on the internet for information on topics that they are interested in. If you like sports, you will find everything that you need about your favorite sport. If you like music, you will be able to find the latest news about your favorite singer. If you like wine, you will find all of the information that you would need to purchase the best wine. People that love art want to find information on how to create art.
Great content generates traffic to websites. Content is not all the same. You will have content that gets outdated, and you will have content that will never become outdated. Facebook posts are an excellent example of content with a short shelf-life. “How to tutorials” will never become outdated. Both types of content are as equally important for traffic growth; however, tutorial posts will generate more traffic to your website over time. Providing great art tutorials will also develop your reputation and make you an authority in your field.
How To Write Great Art Tutorials
Before you start writing your tutorials, you should sit down and decide what it is you would like to teach your audience. There are so many topics that you can choose from. You could write tutorials on how to stay motivated creating art, organization, creating art, and the list goes on and on.
Write Great Art Tutorials Step By Step
1. Introduction – The introduction is a small paragraph that will explain to the reader what they will learn from the post. This allows the reader to decide if they would like to continue or not.
2. Simple Instructions – When you are writing your tutorials you want to keep in mind that the reader is reading your post because they would like to learn about the topic that you are writing about. Start from the very beginning and explain everything in detail. Use words that are easy to understand. Give a definition for any words that might need to be defined. Stay to the point and keep it clear, you do not want to confuse the learner.
3. Include Images – Include images that will support the key learning points that you are teaching. Many people learn better with both a visual and text. When you are adding the image, make sure that it goes with the topic that you are describing. Many people will look at the image first then read the text that will describe what the image shows.
4. Use Real-Life Examples – Write examples that the reader can relate with to help explain your points. This will help the reader better understand what you are trying to say. Use as many examples as you can to describe the topic that you are teaching. Think back when you didn’t know anything about the topic that you are writing about. What information was valuable for you to learn?
5. Step By Step – Structure your posts into simple steps. The best way to write art tutorials is a step by step approach. Do not leave any steps out. If you are writing a tutorial about painting a rose, write down everything that you do from start to finish. Adding information such as when to add paint to the brush is essential to a learner.
6. Include Helpful Tips – Include helpful tips that will make the learning process easier for the reader. After you have explained a step, provide helpful tips that will make the job easier. The more information that you can provide, the happier the reader will be. They will look forward to your future tutorials.
7. Wrap It Up – When you are finished with your post, add any FAQ that people have. End the post with best wishes on their journey and provide links to other tutorials that relate to the topic that you have just written about.
Writing tutorials will help build your following. The important thing to remember is that they are learning. Be as specific as you can.
You might also be interested in:
Popular Art Marketing And Sales Tutorials
Below are some of the most popular art marketing courses that will grow your online art business:
Most Popular – How to Make a Living Selling What You Make by Megan Auman
Most Popular – Build a Successful Creative Blog by April Bowles-Olin
How to Build a Business While Learning Your Craft by Megan Auman
Pinterest Marketing for Makers & Designers by Megan Auman
28 Day Blogging Challenge for Visual Artists
Are you ready to start building an online presence?
Available on Amazon or Download your copy today.
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams
The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are critical elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business.
Get More Done in Less Time The Part-time Artist
Proven strategies that will help you to get more work done in less time so you can sell more art and earn more money.
Available at Amazon or Download your copy today.
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to sign up for my free weekly newsletter.
You can also join me on:
Learn how to start, grow, and monetize your online art business.
OVER 450+ Templates You Need to Quickly Create Stunning, Jump-Off-The-Screen Image to Grow Your Blog-- Without Having to Learn Design!