You are an artist who has been painting and drawing for years, but you’ve never really shown your work to anyone. You’ve decided that it’s time to start sharing your art with the world, and you want to learn how showcasing artwork can help you sell art.
One of the artists’ main challenges when sharing their work online is figuring out how to stand out from the crowd. Many websites and social media platforms allow artists to share their work. Still, with so much art being uploaded daily, it can be challenging to ensure potential buyers notice your work.
Another challenge is making sure that your art collection looks its best online. You want collectors to be attracted to your work, and you also want them to be able to see all of the details of your creations. This means ensuring that your images are high-quality and that your online gallery is easy to navigate.
It’s also important to be consistent with your branding. People who see different artworks on various websites might not know your style.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
Are you ready to showcase your talents to the world?
Here are seven tips to help you get your paintings noticed.
1. Why showcase your artwork online
There are many reasons why artists should showcase their artwork online. Some benefits include building name recognition, increasing local and online art sales, gaining exposure to existing businesses and art dealers, and networking with other artists.
2. Create a Virtual Gallery of Your Art Collection
In the past, artists’ primary means of marketing their work was through submissions to galleries.
However, in the internet age, an artist’s website has become one of their most essential tools for getting their work seen by a wider audience.
A website provides a way to showcase your work, but it also allows you to connect with potential buyers and collectors worldwide.
In addition, having a website can be a great way to get featured on Saatchi art, one of the world’s most extensive online galleries. While submitting your work to galleries is still a valuable marketing strategy, an artist’s website should not be overlooked as a key part of their promotional efforts.
Your virtual gallery should include high-quality images of your paintings and information about your art, such as the title, medium, and size.
How to Create a Virtual Gallery
Creating an online portfolio is an excellent way for artists to showcase their art collections.
There are many ways owning a website will help your art career, like giving you a professional online presence, impressing clients and editors, and making it easy to showcase your work and reach new collectors.
What to Include in Your Online Portfolio
When creating an online portfolio, artists should display high-resolution images of their best work and a brief biography and artist statement.
Tips for Creating a Professional Portfolio
- Choose the right platform
- Make your portfolio easy to navigate for visitors
- Use high-quality images
- Write exciting and engaging bios and artist statements
- Showcase your best work
- Add a video introduction or interview
Related Post: 7 Tips To Get More Visitors To Your Art Website
3. Showcasing Artwork Social Media
Social media is one of the best ways for artists to promote their work and grow an audience. Making a presence on social platforms is a great way to connect with new people, build name recognition, and sell art.
Here are some tips for promoting your art on social media accounts:
1. Choose the right platform. Not all social media platforms are equally well suited for promoting art. Facebook and Twitter, for example, are great for building relationships with potential customers, while Instagram is better for showcasing visuals. Think about which platforms your target audience is most likely to use, and focus your efforts accordingly.
2. Use high-quality images. You want your art to stand out when people scroll through their feed. Make sure to use high-resolution images that accurately represent your work.
3. Use hashtags. Hashtags are a great way to reach new people who might be interested in your work. When choosing hashtags, use relevant ones to your art and target audience.
4. Engage with your followers. Social media is about building relationships. Take the time to interact with the people who follow you, and you’ll be more likely to make a loyal following.
5. Share behind-the-scenes content. In addition to sharing finished pieces, consider giving your followers a glimpse into your process by sharing sketches, work-in-progress shots, or videos of you at work.
6. Host a contest or giveaway. Hosting a contest or giveaway is a great way to engage your followers and grow your audience. To maximize the reach of your content, be sure to promote it on your other social media platforms and use relevant hashtags.
7. Use paid ads. Paid ads are a great way to reach new people who might be interested in your work.
4. Get involved in Online Art Communities
An online art community is a website or group of people who share an interest in art. These communities offer creative people a place to share their talent, get feedback from others in their field, and sell their work.
5. Sell Prints and Other Merchandise
One great way for creatives to showcase their work to a broader audience is by selling prints and other merchandise of their original pieces.
Not all collectors are in the market for a high-priced original painting. Offering reproductions will enable reaching people interested in purchasing a print of an original painting.
In addition to prints, there are several other products you can create with your artwork, including:
- Phone cases
- Tote bags
Related Post – How To Print Your Artwork On Products
Ways to sell prints and merchandise
There are several different platforms to sell prints and other merchandise of their original artwork. One platform is Etsy, an international website that sells handmade and digital items. Artists can create a shop on this site and upload pictures or videos of their finished pieces and the price they want to sell them for.
Print on demand (POD) services allow artists to sell prints of their work online. Sellers upload a digital image of their artwork, and the POD service will print and ship the prints to the customer. This is an excellent option for people who want to sell prints of their work but don’t have the time or resources to print and ship them themselves. Some popular POD services include Printful, RedBubble, and Society6.
Tips for selling art prints
Selling art prints can be a great way to make extra money, but knowing how to market your work effectively is essential.
First, it’s crucial to have high-quality prints made. This will ensure that your artwork looks its best and is less likely to be damaged in shipping.
Second, decide on a fair price for your prints. It’s important to balance making a profit and making your art affordable for buyers.
Third, create an eye-catching display for your prints. Whether you’re selling online, at an art fair, gallery show, museum, or brick-and-mortar store, making your work stand out from the rest is essential.
Finally, be prepared to promote your work online and in person. Make sure potential buyers know where they can purchase your prints.
If you sell limited edition prints, make sure you have an authenticity certificate. This will add value to your prints and give buyers the confidence to purchase a high-quality product.
6. Host Online Art Exhibitions
Hosting virtual exhibitions is an excellent way to build name recognition, showcase your art collection and increase online art sales. Virtual exhibitions are also a great way to connect with other creatives, art dealers, and art enthusiasts worldwide.
There are many digital platforms to host online art exhibitions. You can create a website to host an art exhibition or use social platforms like Facebook.
No matter your chosen method, make sure you promote your exhibition well to get the most exposure. The success of an art exhibition starts with planning and advertising.
7. Give Away Free Art Downloads
Giving free art downloads is an excellent way to promote your art and grow your art business. When you give someone a free download of your art, you expose them to your work and hopefully encourage them to purchase more of your art in the future.
If you are an artist, it is essential to showcase your art online to build name recognition and increase sales. There are many different ways to do so, including creating a portfolio or gallery on your website, using social media to share your artwork, getting involved in online art communities, selling prints and other merchandise of your artwork, hosting online art exhibitions, or giving away free art downloads.
Another way to increase online sales is to build name recognition at a local art fair. Making a presence at an art fair will help you build a rapport with local customers, increasing traffic to your artwork online.
Now that you know how to showcase your art, it is time to learn how to market your art so you can increase sales.
Building a solid marketing strategy is key to your success in selling art online. You might even want to consider providing an art certificate of authenticity to help build your business online.
How to make an online art show?
Making an online art show is a great way to showcase your work to a broader audience. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a theme or style for your show. This will help you determine what kind of work to include and how to arrange it.
2. Create a website or blog specifically for your exhibition. Include high-quality images of your work, descriptions, and artist statements.
3. Promote your show through social media and online directories. This will help potential visitors find your site and learn more about your work.
4. Finally, don’t forget to market your show! Send out press releases, post fliers in local businesses, and tell everyone you know about your upcoming event.
How to hold an online art exhibition?
These days, many artists are choosing to showcase their work online. A virtual art exhibition can be a great way to reach a wider audience and generate interest in your work. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your online art exhibition.
First, ensure your website is up to date and easy to navigate. Use clear and concise language to describe your work, and include high-quality images. Creating an attention-grabbing headline that will make people want to click through to your site is also essential.
In addition, promote your online art exhibition through social media and other online channels. Create a hashtag for your presentation, and post regular updates leading up to the event. You can also reach out to local media outlets and ask them to feature your show.
Finally, don’t forget to follow up with visitors after the exhibition. Thank them for their interest in your work, and let them know where they can find more of your art in the future.
How to prepare for an art exhibition?
An art exhibition is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work and attract new fans. But exhibiting your work can also be a bit daunting, especially if you’ve never done it before. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your first show:
- Decide what art to display
- Frame the art according to the events policies
- Know how much space you will have
- Price and label each piece
- Schedule enough time to display your work in the studio
- Take pictures of your display so you can write an article about the event
- Bring promotional materials to the event like business cards or brochures
- Make sure you have an elevator pitch ready
- Dress professionally
- Be prepared to talk about your art
- Follow up with event organizers and attendees after the show
An art exhibition is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work, but there’s a lot to consider before the big day. With a bit of preparation, you can ensure everything goes smoothly and make the most of this exciting opportunity.
How do I present my art?
There are many different ways to present your art. The most important thing is ensuring your work is well-lit and easy to see. You can also use props, backdrops, or other visual elements to create an eye-catching display. Be sure to label your artwork with the title, date, and price, and consider adding a short artist statement.
What is a virtual art exhibition?
A virtual art exhibition is an online gallery where artists can display their work. These exhibitions can be a great way to reach a wider audience and generate interest in your work.
What is the difference between a gallery and an exhibition?
A gallery is a space where art is displayed, while an exhibition is a specific event where art is shown.
Why is showcasing art important?
Showcasing your art is important because it helps build name recognition and can increase online art sales.