Should blogs have contact forms? If you would like to increase the chance of landing a sale on your art website the answer is yes?
Should Blogs Have Contact Forms
Having an online art business is different from most online companies.
An online art business is very customer service oriented.
For a customer to purchase artwork online, they have to gain the trust of the artist.
There are many ways for you to build your audience’s trust, but one of the easiest ways is to have an option for a potential buyer to contact you.
What is a Contact Form?
A contact form is a secure form a customer can fill out to gather information about a site or product. The query will be delivered to a designated person who will answer the query via email.
Reasons to have a Contact Form on your Art Blog
- One of the main reasons you will want to have a contact form is to keep your site safe and reduce spam. There are robots that crawl the internet looking for exposed email addresses. If your email address gets in the wrong hands your inbox cold become flooded with emails you do not want.
- It is easy and more convenient for a potential buyer to contact you. You have a better chance of landing a sale if you make it an easy experience for the customer to contact you.
- Contact forms are secure for the buyers.
- Buyers can contact you at any hour if you have a phone number listed. The window that you are available is limited. But having a contact form they can contact you when it is best for them.
- You can gather information from the buyer. Name, phone number, e-mail address and how they found you. This is valuable information for your marketing.
You can easily see the benefits of having a contact form on your art blog.
Have you ever been to a site and had a question that you could not locate the answer to or any way to contact someone?
How many times were you ready to purchase something, but you had one question you needed to be answered?
How many times have you left a site without making a purchase because there was no way for you to gather the information you needed?
One of the objectives you should have for your site is to make it easy for your potential buyers to find information on products they are interested in purchasing. This includes product information, site policies, purchasing policies, shipping and handling information, return policies and a way for them to make a purchase.
The more detail you can provide the less questions your audience will have. But when there is an occasion when a potential buyer has a question you want to make it easy for them to get in contact with you. This is providing great customer service 101.Make it easy for your potential buyers to find information on products they are interested in purchasing.Click To Tweet
Popular Contact Form for WordPress
One of the most popular contact forms for WordPress is a plugin called Contact Form 7.
There are over a million sites using Contact Form 7 because of its customization features and how easy it is to set up. The plugin also works well with other plugins like Ajax, Akismet and CAPTHA.
Here is a great video to show you how to install and activate your Contact 7 plugin.
It is important for you to make your artist blogs easy to navigate for your audience.
Uploading nice images of your artwork will not be the only thing you will have to do to generate sales.
Providing detailed information on your service and products as well as making it easy for your customers to contact you for additional information is the key to your success.
Should blogs have contact forms?
If you want to increase the chance of selling your art online, the answer would be yes.
You might also be interested in:
Grow Your Online Art Business:
eBooks by Dave Nevue
Art Marketing Video Courses by Dave Nevue
Art Marketing Resource – All of the tools I use and recommend for my online art business.
Graphite Drawing by Dave Nevue