How To Start A Twitter Artist Account
Are you thinking about marketing your artwork on Twitter? In this post, you will discover how to create an artist’s Twitter account step by step.
Setting up your artist Twitter account is easy to do.
Just follow the steps below and you will be enjoying your artist Twitter account in no time.
If you know any artists that are not on Twitter yet, share this post with them so they can build their art business to a new group of people.
Is Twitter Good For Artists
Twitter is the one social media platform that allows you to connect with your following in real-time.
Think of Twitter as CNN or Fox news. You can visit these channels to see what is happening in the world in real-time. You no longer have to wait until the 10 o’clock news to see what happened throughout the day.
Twitter is a social media platform that allows people and businesses to do the same thing. Share a story in real-time.
Just like every social media platform, Twitter has benefits that outweigh the others.
Twitter benefits for artists:
- Promote artist website, blog, and brick and mortar stores
- Network with other artists and influential people
- Drive traffic to art blogs
- Build an email list
- Promote other social media platforms artists market on
- Real-time contests and giveaways
- Special announcements
- Promote upcoming events
- Promote new art and old art
How To Create Twitter Art Accounts Step By Step
Go to Twitter.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
Click the Sign-Up link located on the top right.
You will be redirected to a page where you will need to:
- Add your full name.
- Add your phone number or email address.
- Create a password.
- Click the Sign Up for Twitter.
- Twitter will send you a text message with a code to verify your phone number.
- After clicking the sign up for Twitter link and verifying your phone number, you will then be able to create your username. (Your username is what people will know you as on Twitter. I recommend that you use your real name or your art business name.)
- Double-check all of your information.
- Click on create my account.
Congratulations you now have a Twitter account.
Twitter will give you some tips on getting started and give you the opportunity to “follow” people, businesses, and brands that might be interesting to you. You can pick who you would like to follow, or you can skip this step.
You can find your friends on Twitter from the contacts of your email service. Twitter makes it easy for you to start connecting with the people who are important to you.
Click settings link.
The account section will allow you to change your basic account settings.
- Time zone
- Tweet media will allow you to be informed before sensitive media is shown.
(Note: always click save changes link after you make any changes.)
You will also be able to adjust the settings on:
- Add image
- Security and privacy
- Cards and shipping
- Order history
- Email notifications
- Web notifications
- Find friends
- Muted accounts
- Blocked accounts
- Your Twitter data
- Click view profile link under your picture.
- Click edit profile.
In this section, you will be able to change or add your profile photo, header photo, bio, location, website, and birthday.
You will want to get this set up before you start trying to find friends. Many people will not follow people without a profile image and description.
Get To know Twitter
Before you start posting, take some time looking around on Twitter.
Learn how others are communicating on Twitter.
Start finding some of your influencers, friends, and family.
Here are some posts to help get you started with your new Twitter account:
- 12 Twitter Marketing Benefits for Artists
- Increase Website Traffic With Twitter
- Can Twitter Help You Sell More Art?
- 4 Twitter Tools to Save You Time
- How to Grow Your Artist Brand with Twitter
- How to Search People on Twitter – Find Art Collectors
Final Thoughts On Twitter Art Account
Twitter is a great social media network that will allow you to connect with other experts in your field, connecting with art collectors and is a great platform to share new posts from fine art blogs and new artwork.
There are thousands of twitter artists promoting their art business on Twitter.
Most artists on Twitter help each other by engaging with Tweets.
Take a few minutes every day to connect with other artists on Twitter.
How to Create an Artist Twitter Account Step by Step Overview:
- Create an Artist Twitter Account Step by Step
- Twitter Profile
- Get to Know Your Twitter Account