Are you excited about learning how to draw? Maybe you have been drawing for sometime and you just want to enhance your drawing skills. In this post I am providing some video clips of my free Realistic Drawing Basics course to help you to learn how to draw what you see.
Realistic Drawing Basics and Tips
First I would like to share with you all of the drawing supplies that I use for my drawings:
Drawing Tools You Will Find in My Studio
- Tombow Graphite Pencils
- General’s Kimberly Graphite Drawing Pencils
- Mars Lumograph Drawing Pencil
- Caran D’ache Graphite
- Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil 0.3 and 0.5
- Prismacolor Large Kneaded Eraser
- General’s Jumbo Kneaded Eraser
- Tombow Mono Zero Eraser, Round
- Tombow Mono Zero Eraser, Rectangle
- Factis Eraser Black
- Derwent Battery-Operated Eraser
Bristol board and Drawing Pads:
- Strathmore Series 400 Sketch Pads
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper Pad
- Strathmore Bristol Vellum Paper Pad
Realistic Drawing Basics and Tips Videos
Enjoy some of the clips from the FREE course I offer Graphite Realism Drawing Basics.
How to Draw a Grid
Learn how to draw a grid and protect your drawing surface.
How to Draw a Grid on Your Reference Image
Printing Your Reference Image
This video goes over the importance of printing lighter and darker images of your reference image.
Mapping Out The Darks
Learn to see the darker values and map them out.
Concentrating on Values
Conditioning Your Paper
Identifying Light Direction
Use a Sharp Pencil
These videos will help you to build a strong foundation for your drawings. After you have an understanding of some basic rules you will the ability to draw what you see.
Did you enjoy the videos?
If you would like to learn more take the free course.
Have fun drawing!
If you liked these videos you might be interested in the full free Realistic Drawing Basics Course.
You might also like:
- How to Draw Realistic Dog Fur Video
- Accurasee Proportional Divider: Realistic Drawing
- Drawing on Vellum Paper
- How To Draw An American Flag Step By Step
- Drawing With An Eraser
- How To Draw A Seashell Step By Step
- How To Share Your Drawings Online
- Learn to Draw Resource
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links on this post are affiliate links and will be clearly marked as so. I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you choose to purchase through those links. I will only recommend products I have used, found helpful to my business and are companies I trust.