Last Updated on
Are you thinking about starting an artist blog? In this post, I am going to talk about the number one reason artist blogs fail and what you need to do to succeed.
Number One Reason Artist Blogs Fail
Before I start talking about why art blogs fail, I would like to take a minute to talk about why you should start an artist blog.
Reasons to start an art blog today:
- Marketers who rely on their blogs make 13X more money than those that don’t.
- Companies with blogs receive 97% more links inbound to their website
- Blogs are the 5th most trusted source of accurate information online!
- 81% of consumers trust information they get from blogs
- Well over 150 million people in the US alone read blogs regularly
- 23% of internet time is spent on blogs
- 61% of US customers have made purchases through blogs
For more information visit 5 Content Marketing Benefits for Artists.
Why Artist Blogs Fail
Are you wondering if blogging will work for you?
Here is the number one reason artist blogs fail.
Never Get Started
The number one reason an artist fails at blogging is that they never start.
Most artists who are struggling to sell art online know they need to start an art blog if they truly want to build a following.
Why do many artists turn their heads to blogging when the facts are right in front of them?
They can easily see that blogging will help them to build a successful online art business.
Common reasons artists never start blogging:
- They do not know where to start.
- They are insecure about their writing skills.
- They feel people will not want to read about them.
- They feel like they have nothing exciting to say.
- They are afraid to succeed.
- They do not want to put in the time to learn how to blog.
- They want instant results.
All of these reasons are just roadblocks that are preventing artists from reaching their potential.
I will be the first one to tell you, there is a lot of learning you will need to do in order for your blog to be successful.
You will not see any results if you just post here and there you need to have a strategy.
I will also be the first one to tell you, blogging does work.
Here is a post I want you to take a look at. How My Blog on Art Marketing Reached 25,000 Monthly Views
It took me under two years of learning and writing to reach almost 30,000 unique page views per month on my blog.
I could have never done that just on social media networks.
In fact, I have posts that I have written two years ago that are still generating traffic.
You too can have the same success as long as you start. That is all you have to do is just start.
Do not put it off until next week.
Start your art blog now.
Available on Amazon or Download your copy today
In this book, I share with you everything that I have learned about blogging and I set it up into daily challenges to make it easy for you to accomplish.
What’s inside the book:
How to Use This Book
- What is a Blog
- Blogging Benefits
- Day 1 Vision and Goals
- Day 2 Create a List Post
- Day 3 Research Your Niche
- Day 4 Promote Your Post
- Day 5 Reach Out to Other Bloggers
- Day 6 Showcase Your Art
- Day 7 Write an Outbound Link Post
- Day 8 Choose One Social Media Platform
- Build Brand Awareness
- Marketing Tool
- Learn Your Audience
- Build Trust
- Social Media Pitfalls
- Day 9 Develop a Social Media Marketing Calendar
- Day 10 Write a Review Post Part 1
- Day 11 Write a Review Post Part 2
- Day 12 Come Up With 15 Post Ideas
- Day 13 Create a Blog Editorial Calendar
- Day 14 Monitor Your Niche
- Day 15 Revise Your Top Pages
- Day 16 Write an Instructional Post
- Day 17 Create Headlines That Attract Readers
- Day 18 Introduction to Keyword Research
- Day 19 Write a FAQ Page
- Day 20 Solve a Reader’s Problem
- Day 21 Email Marketing
- Day 22 Call-to-Action
- Day 23 Revise an Old Post
- Day 24 Analyze Other Blogs
- Day 25 SEO Basics
- Day 26 Make a Presence
- Day 27 Google Analytics
- Day 28 Schedule Next Months Blogs
The best part is that once have completed the 28 days, all you have to do is go right back to the beginning.
It is a blogging calendar already created for you.
Instead of wasting valuable time researching what you should do, it is all mapped out for you.
Now you can easily grow your online audience while spending more time in the studio.
Put Away Your Blogging Fears
Do not be afraid of failing. This was not my first blog attempt. I tried several times prior to this blog and failed miserably, but I kept learning. I knew that if I wanted to succeed as an artist selling art online, I had to generate traffic to my artwork. The number one way to generate free organic traffic is through search engines. This is accomplished by blogging.
Over the years I have learned what works and what doesn’t work.
You will be learning as you go along too.
There is no failing, there is only learning.
As long as you start your art blog and you are consistent with your efforts you will see the same success I have.
If it was not so successful, all of the large businesses would not waste their time or money on it.
Keep in mind, the number one reason artist blogs fail is that they do not start.
You might also be interested in:
- Art Marketing eBooks
- Artist Blogs Builds Loyal Customers
- How to Turn Your Art Blog Posts into Instagram Content
- 7 Important Things Art Bloggers Need to Know
- Productive Artist – Stay Away From Time Killers
- New Course Available – WordPress Basics Course
28 Day Blogging Challenge for Visual Artists
Are you ready to start building an online presence?
Available on Amazon or Download your copy today.
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams
The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are key elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business.
Get More Done in Less Time The Part-time Artist
Proven strategies that will help you to get more work done in less time so you can sell more art and earn more money.
Available at Amazon or Download your copy today.
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to sign up for my free weekly newsletter.
You can also join me on:
Learn how to start, grow and monetize your online art business.
OVER 450+ Templates You Need to Quickly Create Stunning, Jump-Off-The-Screen Image to Grow Your Blog-- Without Having to Learn Design!