Creating art is a passion for many people. It’s a way to express yourself and share your creativity with the world. If you’re looking to try out new methods, such as resin and acrylic pour, it can be helpful to have some tools that will make the process easier. This blog post will introduce two calculators to help determine how much paint or resin you need for your next art project.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
What Is A Resin Calculator
A resin calculator is a tool used to estimate the amount of resin needed for a particular project. With it, you can determine the volume or how much material is necessary based on your project’s dimensions, depth, and pouring technique. You’ll be able to use this information to confidently purchase exactly how much paint you need for your next project.
Free Online Resin Calculators
One of the best resources available for calculating how much resin you need is Resin Obsession. They offer a free resin calculator that will give you the exact amount based on your project’s dimensions. You can even calculate different results for different depths and widths.
ArtResin also provides a free online resin calculator to help determine the right amount for your project. Discover precisely how much ArtResin you need for one base layer by simply entering the length and width of your project into our calculator. It will quickly determine how much pouring medium you need to start.
Best Resin For Art Projects
1. ArtResin: ArtResin is a high-performance crystal clear epoxy resin designed for artists and creative projects. It’s non-toxic, easy to use, and offers superior protection against UV light damage, so your artwork will remain vibrant for years to come.
2. Envirotex Lite: Envirotex Lite is another great choice for artists looking to work with resin because it produces a glossy finish that won’t yellow or crack over time. This product also cures in 24 hours and provides a durable layer of protection against scratches, water damage, and heat exposure without additional sealants or coatings.
3. EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy: With its low odor formula and air bubbles release technology, EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy makes an excellent choice for people who want to create their own molds or 3D models with ease of use but without sacrificing quality results. Plus, it cures entirely within 72 hours at room temperature.
4. Liquid Diamonds Resin: Liquid Diamonds Resin is made from 100% acrylic polymers that offer superior clarity compared to other brands today while retaining all the advantages of two-part epoxy. It’s also user-friendly and doesn’t require any priming before pouring it onto your project.
5. Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast: This brilliant crystal clear resin is easy to use and cures quickly, making it ideal for those who want to create art with as little fuss. It also features a high UV resistance, is non-toxic, and has a very low odor.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Resin Calculator
- It helps determine the exact amount of resin needed for a particular project
- Can calculate different results for different depths, widths, and diameter
- Saves money by not buying more paint than necessary
Many factors affect the calculations, so there will be some trial and error. Experiment with different calculations to determine what works best for your projects.
Benefits Of Using High-Quality Resin
Offers superior protection against UV light damage
Produces a glossy finish that won’t yellow or crack over time
Cures in 24 – 72 hours with a durable layer of protection against scratches, water damage, and heat exposure without additional sealants or coatings
Low odor formula and air bubbles release technology make it user-friendly without sacrificing quality results.
100% acrylic polymers offer superior clarity to other brands today while retaining all the advantages of two-part epoxy.
Easy to use and cures quickly, making it ideal for creating art with as little fuss.
What Is An Acrylic Pour Calculator
An acrylic pour chart and calculator is a tool that helps you mix the right amount of paint and other ingredients to make an acrylic painting. It will help you get the right mixture of colors so your painting looks its best. If you want to know how much paint is needed for your paintings, the acrylic pouring paint calculator is a tool you will want to use.
Benefits Of Using An Acrylic Pouring Paint Calculator
1. Helps to mix the right amount of paint and other ingredients for an acrylic painting
2. Ensures that you get the right colors in your painting
3. Saves time in determining what proportions are needed to create a successful work of art
4. It Makes it easier to distribute paint across a canvas or surface evenly
5. Allows you to adjust ratios without the guesswork, thus making fewer mistakes
6. Provides tips on how to thin paints properly
7. Can be used as a guide when mixing multiple colors
8. Makes sure that all of your materials are used efficiently, and waste is minimized
9. It Can help create consistent results every time you use it
10. Gives users more confidence when using paints and other mediums for artwork and reduces the additional cost of paint
Online Acrylic Pouring Calculators
Paint Pour Academy – This website offers an easy-to-use acrylic pour calculator to help you mix the right amounts of paint and other ingredients for your acrylic painting.
Olga Soby – This online resource provides an acrylic pouring calculator to help you get the perfect ratio of paint, medium, and water for your painting.
Best Supplies For Acrylic Pouring
2. Silicone Oil or Floetrol Related Post – How To Use Floetrol for Perfect Acrylic Paint Pours Every Time
3. Stretched Canvas, Wood Panel, or other painting surfaces (e.g., tiles, glass)
5. Plastic Container and cover for Mixing Paints
6. Gloves and Protective Eyewear
7. Heat Gun or Hair Dryer
8. Skewers/Sticks for Creating Swirls and Patterns in Wet Paint
9. Paper Towels to Clean Up Spills
Using a resin calculator and high-quality resins, you can ensure that your projects are completed with the utmost precision. With an acrylic paint pour calculator, you can mix the right amount of paint and other ingredients to create beautiful works of art without wasting materials or time. Lastly, having the appropriate supplies for acrylic pouring is essential for your artwork to be successful. From paints and silicone oil to heat guns and protective eyewear, these items will help make sure all aspects of your project run smoothly from start to finish.