Last Updated on
This article is a step by step guide to help you install WordPress using HostGator.
Click on the banner below then follow these steps to get your WordPress blog live. After you have completed setting up your WordPress go to (How To Use WordPress) to learn how to start blogging.
Installing WordPress Step by Step
(Print this page so you can easily follow the steps.)
- Once you are at the HostGator home page, click on the link “WEB HOSTING.”
- You will then need to pick a plan. If you are only going to use one domain name, the Hatchling plan will be fine.
- Choose how long you would like the hosting for. The longer you sign up for, the cheaper it is.
- It will bring you to a page that you will choose a domain for your blog. It will let you know if the name is available. If it is not available, you will need to choose a different domain name.
- When you have a domain name that is available, you will want to double check to see if your plan is correct (under choose a hosting plan).
- Enter a username and pin number for logging into the site.
- Add in your billing information.
- Added additional services will allow you to add more services. I do not use any of them but look them over to see if there is anything that you would like. If you do not want the additional services, uncheck the box.
- Go to the bottom of the page and
- Read the terms of serves then click the box that says I have read and agreed to the terms of services.
- Note that they offer 24-hour customer serves in case you run into any problems.
- Click the “checkout now”.
- You will be brought to a page that says welcome to the HostGator family.
- At this point, you will receive two emails.
- Email 1 “Thank you for choosing HostHator.” This will give you a link to your billing portal. Keep this email safe.
- Email 2 “HostGator.com your account info” Sometimes this email may take a few minutes for you to receive.
- This email will provide you with your control panel link, username, and password.
- Click the link next to “your control panel”. Login to your control panel with the username and password that was given. You can do this by copying and paste the information that was giving to you in the email.
- Click login.
- Scroll down until you see the link that says quick install; click that, then click on WordPress from the left-hand side. Then click the link that says install WordPress.
- Fill out the form.
- Pick your domain name that you purchased in the top left-hand box. Leave the box to the left blank that says install path here.
- Enter a working email in the admin email.
- Enter in your blog title.
- Enter Admin name.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Click on install WordPress.
- Once it installed you will see on the top of the page, (your installation is complete click here to view your notifications).
- Click the link on that bar.
- Click my installs link on the top right.
- Click on link admin login.
- This is where your login screen will be.
- Type your username and password. Your password will be in an email that was sent called install complete.
- Click login.
- Now you are on your dashboard.
- The first thing you will want to do is change your password. Click Users link on the left-hand side. Hover over the username that you created. Click edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom to put in a new password. Click update profile link. Now you will use your new password to login.
I recommended bookmarking your login screen. If you lose it, you can always log in by going to http://www.domain.com/wp-admin/
Congratulations on your new blog! Don’t forget to read the articles on How To Use WordPress so you can enjoy your new artist blog.
If you haven’t done so already, be sure to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter. I will send you valuable tips to help build your blog and art business. I do the research so you can spend more time in the studio.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Insert Links on WordPress Blog Posts
- New Course Available – WordPress Basics Course
- Start an Art Blog Checkoff List
- How to Choose a Perfect Artist Domain Name
- Be More Productive on Your Art Blog by Reducing Time on Social Media
If you enjoyed this article don’t forget to sign up for my free weekly newsletter.
You can also join me on:
Learn how to start, grow and monetize your online art business.
Over 100 videos, PDFs and eBooks to help you start and grow your online art business all for a low monthly membership fee.
New material added monthly.
More resources to help build your online art business.
Art Marketing Resource – All of the tools I use and recommend for my online art business.
28 Day Blogging Challenge for Visual Artists
Are you ready to start building an online presence?
Take the challenge and join all of the other artists selling their art online.
By Dave Nevue
Download your copy today, or Purchase on Amazon.
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are key elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business. Available at Amazon or Download today.
For Art Bloggers
By Dave Nevue
This eBook will help you to get familiar with your WordPress Dashboard so you can focus on writing content that will attract potential buyers to your artwork. Download Today.
Graphite Drawing by Dave Nevue
OVER 450+ Templates You Need to Quickly Create Stunning, Jump-Off-The-Screen Image to Grow Your Blog-- Without Having to Learn Design!