Are you having a hard time writing a biography for your website? In this article discover how easy it is to write an artist biography.
“Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.”
~George S. Patton Read more inspirational quotes like this. Brainy Quote
About Us Page – Every artist website should have an about us page that includes a biography. Add an updated image of yourself on your About Us Page.
If you are the only artist for the website the title of the page should be “About YOUR NAME.”
Your biography will provide your readers an understanding of the style of art that you create, your motivation and values. Buyers want to know about the artists that they are purchasing from. Providing information about you and your career will build trust with the readers and will generate loyal customers.
How to Write an Artist Biography:
- Write your biography in the third person, keep it short and to the point. Respect your reader’s time. They want to get to know about you as an artist. They do not need a life story. Include your influences, education if any, when you started, what you would like to accomplish with your art, and your philosophy.
- Write several different biographies. Have someone proofread what you have written. Reread what you have. Take the best parts of each bio that you wrote and rewrite it. You will find that the more that you write it, the smoother it will sound. Remove any words that are not necessary. You want to remove any irrelevant content to make your biography short and to the point.
- Ask several people that know you well to read your final draft. Ask them if it represents you as a person and an artist. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Have someone proofread your work one more time and make any necessary changes.
Biography Check List:
- Inspirations and influence
- Education if any
- Years being an artist
- Experience in your field
- Philosophy about art
- What you would like to accomplish as an artist
- Other things you like outside of art
During your career, you will be growing as an artist. Every year or so read your biography and add any new information that is valuable. When you revise your biography, it is a good idea to update your photo as well. This will also be a good time to update your photo on your social network sites and blog.
You can read my Biography here for an example.
Did this article make it easier for you to write an artist biography?
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter. I will send you valuable tips that will help build your artist blog and art business.
Join me on: