Do you ever wonder whether you should update your WordPress? Do you find yourself putting it off to finish other projects? In this article discover why you should update your WordPress blog and also how to update it step by step.
“I say if it’s going to be done, let’s do it. Let’s not put it in the hands of fate. Let’s not put it in the hands of someone who does not know me. I know me best. Then take a breath and go ahead.”
~ Anita Baker
Why You Should Update Your WordPress Blog
WordPress releases updates that improve performance, fixes problems or bugs, and enhances features to stay up to date with the industry standards.
By not updating your WordPress blog you will be missing out on the new features and are at risk for security issues.
By simply updating your WordPress Blog and Plugins you will be reducing unnecessary stress. The amount of time that you put into promoting your artwork is well worth a couple of clicks.
How to Update Your WordPress Blog
- Back Up Your Site – this is important in case something goes wrong with the update. I use VaultPress to automatically update my site. It is relatively inexpensive and is very user-friendly.
- Update your Plugins and Theme prior to updating your WordPress.
- Update WordPress – simply click automatic upgrade. The upgrade should only take a few moments to finish.
- Revisit your site to make sure that everything is working.
You might also like:
- Installing WordPress Step by Step
- How To Change Permalinks In WordPress
- How To Configure WordPress Settings
- Free vs Premium Themes for WordPress
- How to Install Premium Themes in WordPress
- Write a Blog in WordPress Tutorial
- Insert Images in WordPress
- Schedule Posts in WordPress
- How to Add Categories in WordPress
- How to Display Categories in WordPress
- How to Revise Posts in WordPress
- What are WordPress Plugins?
- 2 Ways to Embed YouTube Videos on WordPress
- How To Create a Logo for WordPress
- How To Add Links In WordPress
- How to Protect Your Images on WordPress
Are you thinking about starting an art blog? Visit Artist Blog Resource for free articles to help you start and build your artist blog.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter. I will send you valuable tips that will help build your artist blog and art business.
Join me on: