Sharing a Facebook post from another artist or art business is a social media marketing strategy that artists build a following.
When scrolling down your favorite artist’s Facebook page, you will see a share button that allows you to share the post on your newsfeed where your Facebook friends can see the post. It is also possible to share posts on your Facebook business page where your fans can see original content that inspires you or information that might be valuable to them.
There will be times when you will want to remove a shared post from your personal or business Facebook account, and doing so is accessible on a PC, mobile app, or mobile browser.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
How To Unshare On Facebook – PC
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- To see your timeline click on your Facebook profile picture on the top of the page.
- Your timeline will display every post you published or shared, starting with your most recent post.
- Locate the post you want to unshare and click on the three dots located at the top right. This drop-down menu is where you will have different Facebook share options.
- To remove the post from your Facebook newsfeed, click the “Delete” option.
How To Hide A Post On Facebook
There might be times when you want to hide a post if you allow Facebook users to post content on your Artist’s Facebook business page or personal page.
To hide a post, follow the steps above and click “Hide From Timeline” instead of “Delete.” This option will keep the post on your newsfeed but hide it from anyone who scrolls down your timeline.
How To Unshare A Facebook Post On Mobile Devices
- Log in to your Facebook account using the preferred web browser.
- Access your activity log and locate the post you wish to delete.
- Tap the three dots on the listing you want to remove located on the post’s upper right. Click “Delete” to remove the post or “Hide From Timeline” to hide the post from other viewers.
Facebook Privacy Settings
You have the option to limit the number of people you want to see a post by changing the privacy of the post.
- To adjust the privacy settings, click the icon of people.
- Click on the option you wish for the post.
The options are:
- Fully public – this is a public post which means anyone can see the content.
- Completely private – This makes to post private, and only you can see it on your timeline.
- Customized filter – This allows you to pick specific people to view the content. The customized filter allows you to pick who is allowed to see the post in their timeline.
How To Delete A Photo On Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account and locate the photo you wish to remove.
- Tap on the photo.
- Tap on the top right and click “Delete.”
- Tap “Delete To Confirm.”
The deleted photo will no longer be visible on your timeline.
How To Remove Links On Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- On the left navigation menu, click the “More” link.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “links.”
- Click “My Links.”
- Hover over the link you wish to remove and click the “X” to delete the link.
Final Thoughts On Deleting Posts On Facebook
As you build a larger audience on Facebook, you will want to adjust your marketing strategies.
For example, you might want to highlight special sales on future posts to repeat customers by adjusting the sharing option.
Or maybe when a sale is over, you might want to delete a post so people will not ask for the sale price after the sale is expired.
You have other options to make your social network marketing more practical, like highlighting a sale or a new item on the top post. If a post is pinned to the top of the page, it will be the first post visitors see when they visit your page. Not only will promoting a sale on the top of your page increase sales, but it might also increase the number of shares the pin receives.
Try different strategies to see what works best for your followers.
More Facebook Related Articles
A Facebook business page is a valuable tool for artists to promote themselves and interact with fans. Knowing who is following you on Facebook is a great way to learn how to promote and interact with your following. It takes more than publishing Facebook posts to sell paintings and prints online. … [Read more…]
Facebook is a great way to share your latest artwork with your followers in real-time. Have you noticed that your images are not fitting on Facebook’s newsfeed? If you have difficulty fitting your images on Facebook, you will have to create them with Facebook’s image dimensions. The Artist … [Read more…]
Facebook Marketplace Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram have changed the way people are purchasing products online. Not only do people purchase more products buy reviews they see from their friends on Facebook and Instagram but it is now possible for shoppers to shop on Facebook … [Read more…]