Are you ready to start your artist Facebook page and start driving traffic to your artist blog? In this post, I will show you how to set up an artist Facebook Page so you can start sharing your art with over one billion active Facebook users.
Facebook pages are a great way to build your customer fan base if you use it properly. Your artist page will help keep you in contact with your fans and is a great way to show them your latest work and news about you.
How to Set Up an Artist Facebook Page
Log into your personal Facebook profile page.
Hover over the drop down box and click Create Page
Click Artist, Band or Public Figure link
Choose Artist for your category.
Name your Page.
You will want to use your brand name or your name with Fine Artist after it.
For example “You’re Name Fine Artist”.
You will be able to change your name until you have 200 likes or fans.
It is best if you sit down and spend some time coming up with your page name before starting.
Read the Facebook Page Terms then click get started.
Congratulations you now have an Artist Facebook Page.
What to do next:
- Add a profile picture. The image size for the Facebook profile picture is 180 pixels by 180 pixels.
- Add about information. This will be some basic information about your art business. You will be able to revise it at a later time if need be. You can add your blog or website here as well.
- When you are done click save info.
- Like your page.
- Add a cover photo. The cover photo image size is 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels high. Be creative. This should showcase your brand. You can easily create a cover image using Canva, a free online image editing site.
- Share some content. Share your first post. I recommended putting up some content before you start to ask people to follow you.
- Add more about info. Click About link located on the menu bar located underneath your cover photo.
How to Build a Facebook Following
Now that you have launched your new artist Facebook page, you will want to start working on building an audience.
Here are some helpful articles to help you build your fan base:
For more Facebook marketing articles visit Social Media Marketing Resource.
Many artists have done well in building their art business on Facebook.
The artists who are successful on Facebook are the ones who also spent the time to build an audience with other mediums like blogging and video.
If you enjoyed this article don’t forget to sign up for my free weekly newsletter.
Popular Art Marketing And Sales Tutorials
Below are some of the most famous art marketing courses that will grow your online art business:
Most Popular – How to Make a Living Selling What You Make by Megan Auman
Most Popular – Build a Successful Creative Blog by April Bowles-Olin
How to Build a Business While Learning Your Craft by Megan Auman
Pinterest Marketing for Makers & Designers by Megan Auman
You can also join me on:
More resources to help build your online art business.
Art Marketing Resource – All of the tools I use and recommend for my online art business.