Let’s say you’re a new artist who wants to sell online, but you are not sure how to get started.
Or maybe you’ve been selling art for a while, but you feel like you’re in a rut and not getting the traction you want.
Either way, one great platform to sell your work is Saatchi Art. But how do you make sure that your work gets seen?
The most common challenge artists face when selling their work on Saatchi art is getting traffic to their store. Without any traffic, your work will go unseen and unsold.
Here are seven tips on how to get noticed on Saatchi and increase your chances of selling your art online.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
1. Sign up for a Saatchi Account
Are you looking to get your art career started? A Saatchi Art account is the perfect way to start selling your work and promoting yourself to a broader audience.
With a Saatchi Art account, you’ll be able to create an online portfolio of your work, share your art with others, and connect with potential buyers worldwide.
Plus, setting up an account is simple and free.
So what are you waiting for?
Sign up for a Saatchi account today and take your career to the next level.
How to Sign Up for a Saatchi Online Account
1. Go to Saatchionline.com and click on the “Register” button in the top right corner of the page.
2. Fill out the registration form and click on the “Create my account” button.
3. If you select “I’m an artist,” the Artist Account Creation pop-up window will appear. You may switch between artist and collector at any time without having to create a new account, as shown below.
4. From the Account Creation Menu, fill in your name, email address, chosen password, and username (which will also be included on your custom URL). Select “Create Account.”
Your account has been established, but you must verify your email address and add your contact information to your profile to begin online uploading and selling.
5. Select “Account Information” from the “Account menu” to access the Account Information screen.
6. Saatchi Art will send you an email to confirm your email address. To finish the verification procedure, click the provided hyperlink in the email.
7. From the Accounts menu in the upper right corner, select “Address and Identification.”
9. Fill in the indicated data on the “Address and Identification” page, then click Save or Save Changes.
You have successfully created a Saatchi account, and you can start sharing your art collections and selling art worldwide.
2. Upload Your Best Art
As an artist, it can be challenging to get your work noticed. With thousands of pieces being uploaded every day, it can be easy for your work to get lost in the shuffle.
However, you can do a few things to increase your chances of being seen by potential art collectors.
First, make sure only to upload your best work. Quality is more important than quantity, and potential buyers are more likely to take notice of a few well-crafted pieces than a large number of average ones.
Second, use keywords that accurately describe your style and subject matter.
Third, remember to update your portfolio regularly. Buyers are more likely to return to an artist’s regularly updated page with new pieces.
Upload High-quality Images of Your Paintings
To increase online art sales, it’s essential only to upload high-quality images of your paintings. This means making sure that the photos are well-lit and in focus and accurately represent the originals’ colors and textures.
Before you upload your art, ask yourself:
- Is the image blurry
- Does the image accurately represent my painting
- Is the painting well-lit
- Do the colors look true to life
If you can answer “yes” to all of these questions, then you’re ready to upload your artwork.
Use a good quality camera.
When photographing your artwork, use a good-quality camera to produce clear images. If you don’t have a good quality camera, you can hire a professional photographer to take the photos for you.
Selling online is different than selling at art fairs or auction houses. The quality of your images will be one of the most critical factors in whether or not people will want to buy your artwork.
Take photos in a well-lit area.
If the image of your art is poorly lit or has distracting objects in the background, it will be difficult for buyers to see the detail and quality of your work. It might seem time-consuming but make sure you use proper lighting when photographing your art.
Capture the artwork from different angles
Be sure to photograph art from different angles. This will help potential buyers see all the details and textures of your work. You may even want to create a video of your artwork so that viewers can get a more in-depth look. Remember, when you sell art online, collectors can not see the texture of your creations.
Use props to improve the photo composition.
When taking pictures of your artwork, using props can improve the photo’s composition.
Try to use a background that will show off your work in the best possible light, and avoid distractions in the background.
Stage your painting on a wall or shelf so collectors can understand how it would look hanging in their home.
Remember that you create art to sell, be sure to go the extra mile when showcasing it online.
Edit your photos using photo editing software
Once you’ve taken photos of your artwork, you can use photo editing software to improve its appearance.
Crop and resize your photos, so they are the correct dimensions for Saatchi Art, and adjust the brightness, contrast, and saturation to make them look their best.
The most popular photo editing software professional artists are using is Adobe Photoshop.
If you sell original artwork online or operate a business, investing in tools will make you look like a professional artist.
3. Write Well Written Art Descriptions
Saatchi Art is a website where emerging artists can showcase and sell their work. With so many artists vying for attention, making your work stand out can be challenging.
Artists who have sold originals online have taken the time to upload professional images and create well-written descriptions.
1. Make sure your art descriptions are well written. Poorly written descriptions will not only turn off buyers, but they will also make your work look amateurish. Take the time to proofread your descriptions and make sure they are free of typos and grammatical errors.
2. Use keywords wisely. When potential buyers search for art on Saatchi Online, they will use keywords to narrow down the results. Choose your keywords wisely and use them judiciously throughout your descriptions.
3. Be clear and concise. Art buyers want to know what they’re getting when they purchase your work, so make sure your descriptions are clear and to the point. Tell them the size, medium, and price of your artwork and any other relevant information.
Your art description should include the following information:
- The title of the artwork
- The dimensions of the artwork
- The medium or materials used to create the artwork
- A brief description of the artwork
You may also want to include a few sentences about your inspiration for creating the artwork or how it makes you feel.
5. Use relevant keywords
Use relevant keywords to describe your painting. When people search for art on Saatchi Art, they typically use keyword searches. By including relevant keywords in the title and description of your painting, you’ll increase the chances that people will come across your work.
Some good keywords to use include the name of the medium you used, the type of art you created, and any other descriptive words that apply.
How to discover the Best Keywords for Artists Selling Artworks
1. Understand the basics of keywords
2. Research popular keywords for selling art
3. Try out different keywords to see which ones work best for you
4. Use those keywords in your artwork titles and descriptions
5. Monitor your traffic and sales to see how your keyword strategy is working
6. Make changes as needed to continue achieving results
Where To Add Keywords In A Saatchi Art Description
1. In the title
2. In the description
3. In the tags
6. Blog About The Art You Sell
Blogging is a meaningful way to get noticed on Saatchi Art. When you blog about the art you sell, you can share your art with a broader audience and connect with other artists and art lovers.
Many people search online when they are in the market to buy art. To sell your art, you need to get your work in front of more people, and this can be done by writing blog posts about your creations and your art business.
What is Blogging and Why Should Businesses Blog
A blog is a website where you regularly post articles, usually on a specific topic. A blog is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world and can be used to promote your business or artwork.
How to Create a Blog for Your Business
To create a blog for your business, you need a domain name and web hosting. You can then use a blog platform like WordPress to make your blog and a site like BlueHost for a domain name and hosting.
What to Write About in Your Business Blog
When creating your blog, think about the types of articles you want to write.
You could write about:
- Your artwork and what inspires you
- The creative process behind your work
- How do you make your art
- Events or exhibitions you’re taking part in
- Art world news and trends
How to Make Your Blog Stand Out From the Competition
Your blog can be a great way to differentiate your business from the competition, but you need to make sure it stands out.
Here are some tips to help you make your blog stand out:
- Make your blog look professional with a custom design
- Write original and engaging articles
- Include images and videos
- Embed social media posts from your Twitter or Facebook page
- Add a blogroll (a list of other blogs that you like)
- Submit your articles to article directories and other publications
How to Measure the Success of Your Business Blog
To measure the success of your blog, you need to track its traffic and engagement levels.
Traffic is the number of people who visit your blog. You can measure this by using a tool like Google Analytics.
Engagement is how active people are on your blog. You can measure this by looking at the number of comments, shares, and likes your articles receive.
7. Share Your Original Art and Art Prints on Your Social Media Accounts
Social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram provide a great way to share your artwork with a broader audience. When you share your original art or prints on social media, you can connect with other artists and art lovers and build awareness for your work.
Here are some tips for sharing your art on social media:
1. Make sure your social media profiles are complete and up-to-date
2. Upload high-quality images of your artwork
3. Write exciting descriptions of your work
4. Use relevant hashtags to help people find your art
5. Share the images of your art regularly
With so many ways to get noticed on Saatchi Art, it’s easier than ever for artists to sell work. By using relevant keywords in your profile and artwork titles, following galleries and artists who interest you, networking with other artists, and sharing your work on social media sites, you can drive more traffic to your shop and increase sales.
How and when do I get paid from Saatchi?
After applying, a payout is typically completed within a calendar day. A separate payment page can be accessed through the “Deals dashboard” and by clicking on “Access Payments Manager.”
How do I ship a sold original artwork?
The information regarding the shipping method, such as the dimensions and weights of the item, must be correct. Saatchi uses this data to compute shipping costs between your location. Use the UPS package label for the package and schedule a pick-up day at your home or the business premises. Make sure the art is packed safely before shipping work to the buyer.
How to sell on Saatchi Art?
Saatchi Art is one of the world’s leading online art galleries, making it easy for artists to sell their work to a global audience. If you’re an artist looking to start selling art on Saatchi, here’s what you need to know about selling on Saatchi Art.
First, create a profile and portfolio on the site. This will allow shoppers to learn more about your work and decide if they’re interested in purchasing any of your pieces.
Next, set up a final sale price for your work. You’ll need to decide how much you want to charge for each piece and any discounts you’re willing to offer for multiple purchases. Once you’ve got your pricing set up, it’s time to promote your work.
How to get followers on Saatchi Art?
As an artist, one of the best ways to get your work seen is to create an account on Saatchi Art. This website features a wide variety of art from all over the world, and by creating an account, you can share your work with a broad audience. However, getting followers on Saatchi Art can be a bit challenging.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Start by following other artists whose work you admire. This will help you build up your followers, giving you ideas and inspiration for your own work.
2. Regularly post new art to your account. This will show potential followers that you are an active artist who regularly creates new pieces.
3. Use relevant keywords in your profile and titles. This will help people searching for specific types of art find your work.
4. Share your work on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. This will help to promote your work to a broader audience.
How to get featured on Saatchi Art?
Keywords help your work get discovered on Saatchi Art by increasing its search engine prominence. Keywords also improve people finding your work on Google and Bing.
- Use the most vital keywords first in your title and description
- Max out your art description and keywords
- Make sure you categorize your artwork correctly
Can anyone sell on Saatchi Art?
Yes, anyone can sell on Saatchi.
More Related Articles