Suppose you just bought a beautiful acrylic print and want to take care of it so that it lasts for a long time. Well, you’re in luck because we will teach you how to do just that in this article.
People’s main challenge with wall art made out of acrylic is that they don’t know how to clean them properly. Acrylic prints are delicate and can easily be scratched, so you must be very careful when cleaning them. You can use a soft cloth and some warm water to clean them. Avoid using any chemical cleaner, as this can damage the print.
Another challenge people have with acrylic photo prints is storing them properly. Your print can easily become warped or damaged if you’re not careful. To avoid this, you should store your print in a cool, dry place. You should also avoid exposing it to direct sunlight, which can fade the colors.
Finally, people often have difficulty framing their prints. This is because there are different types of frames, each with its benefits. For example, some frames will protect your print from scratches, while others will make it easier to hang on the wall.
Now that you know the challenges people face when caring for acrylic art prints, let’s move on to how to care for them properly.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
What Are Acrylic Photo Prints, And Why Are They Delicate
Acrylic art prints are a type of print that is made by printing an image onto a sheet of acrylic. Acrylic is a type of plastic used in place of glass because it is shatter-resistant.
One of the reasons metal prints and acrylic art prints are so popular is that they are very durable. However, this does not mean that they are indestructible. Like a metal print, acrylic can be scratched easily, so you must take care when cleaning them. In addition, they can become warped if they are not stored properly.
How To Clean Acrylic Prints
Acrylic photo prints are quite delicate and need to be handled with care. To keep them looking good for a long time, it is important to know how to clean them properly.
Here are a few tips:
- Always use a soft, lint-free cloth like a microfiber glass cleaning cloth when cleaning your prints. Do not use alcohol-based cleaners or abrasive materials, as this could damage the surface.
- To remove dust, simply wipe the area with a soft dry cloth and use a damp cloth for stains. A soft microfiber cloth works better than paper towels.
- You can use a mild soap and water solution for any stubborn marks or stains. Be sure to rinse the print thoroughly afterward so that no soap residue is left behind.
- Do not use any type of solvent like glass cleaner on your acrylic glass prints, as this could damage the surface.
- If your print is framed, clean the glass or Plexiglas cover regularly. This will help to protect the print from dirt and dust.
How To Store Acrylic Prints
One of the main challenges people have with acrylic prints is that they don’t know how to store them properly. Your print can easily become warped or damaged if you’re not careful. To avoid this, you should store your print in a cool, dry place. You should also avoid exposing it to direct sunlight, which can fade the colors.
Here are a few tips:
- Store your acrylic prints in a cool, dry place. Avoid placing them in humid environments, as this can cause them to warp.
- If you’re not planning to display your print for a long time, it’s best to store it in a flat position in a storage bin. This will help to prevent it from becoming warped.
- If you need to stack your prints, use acid-free cardboard or tissue paper between each print. This will help to prevent them from getting tiny scratches and sticking together.
How To Frame Acrylic Prints
Framing your acrylic print is a great way to protect and showcase it simultaneously. Different frames are available, so choosing the right one for your print is essential.
Here are a few tips:
- When choosing a frame, be sure to pick one that is made from a sturdy material. This will help to protect your print from scratches.
- If you plan to display your print in a frame, choose one with a Plexiglas or glass cover. This will help to keep your print from getting dusty.
- Another great alternative to frames is using Standoff Screws for a wall mount. These are made explicitly for acrylic art prints.
Different types of frames and their benefits
Frames come in all shapes and sizes, and each type of frame has its benefits. To choose the right frame for your acrylic print, you need to be familiar with the different types of frames and their benefits.
Here are a few of the most common types of frames:
- Wooden Frames: Wooden frames are a popular choice for displaying acrylic prints. They are sturdy and come in a variety of styles. One of the benefits of wooden frames is that they can be stained or painted to match your décor.
- Metal Frames: Metal frames are another popular choice for displaying acrylic prints. They are also quite sturdy and come in a variety of styles. One of the benefits of metal frames is that they are less likely to warp than wooden frames.
- Plastic Frames: Plastic frames are a cheaper option for displaying acrylic prints. They are not as durable as wood or metal frames but come in various colors and styles. One of the benefits of plastic frames is that they are lightweight and easy to hang.
Now that you know more about the different frames, you can choose the right one for your acrylic print.
How To Properly Hang Your Acrylic Print
Acrylic prints are delicate and need to be handled with care. To properly hang your print, you need to use the right hardware.
Here are a few tips:
- When choosing hardware, be sure to pick a material that won’t scratch the surface of your print.
- Use the proper size screws or nails when hanging your print. If the screws are too small, they could fall out and damage your print. If the nails are too big, they could leave behind unsightly holes.
- Be sure to use a level when hanging your print. This will help to ensure that it is hung straight.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your acrylic print will be appropriately protected and displayed.
Taking care of your acrylic prints is essential if you want them to last long. This article provides tips on cleaning your art with a micro fabric cloth and storing and framing it. We have also discussed the different types of frames and their benefits. Finally, we have talked about how to hang your print properly.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your acrylic print will be properly protected and displayed.