Last Updated on
As a blogger, you want people to read your content. As an artist, you want people never to miss your latest creation. You spend many hours creating articles and artwork that you want to share with the world. If you have been blogging for a while, you already know how long it takes to gain a loyal following. You probably have your RSS feed already set up on your blog. If you don’t, it is time to take a moment and add RSS feed to your blog.
How to Add RSS Feed to a WordPress Blog
What is RSS Feed?
RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. It is used to publish frequently updated information from blogs posts, videos, news headlines, and podcasts. If a person signs up to your RSS feeds they will get an email when you post a new article. Depending on how the person has it set up, they will receive the new content daily, weekly or monthly.
Setting up an RSS Feed in your WordPress blog is easy with FeedBurner. FeedBurner is a free service by Google.
The Benefits of using FeedBurner
- Feed Analytics
- Email subscriptions
- Publish to FaceBook and Twitter
- Notifies servers when you post
- Republishes your feed as HTML
How to add your blog to FeedBurner
Go to feedburner.google.com
- Enter your blog URL into the “Feed Right This Instant” field
- Click next
- After Feedburner automatically finds your main feed click next
- Enter feed title
- Enter feed address
- Click next
- Click “Skip directly to feed management” link
- Click “Optimize” link
- Click “SmartFeed” located on the left-hand sidebar
- Click “Activate”
This will make your RSS feed compatible with any reader.
Now you ready to add a subscription form to your WordPress site.
How to add RSS Feed Subscription Form to WordPress
- Click on the name of your feed
- Click “Publicize” link
- Click “Email Subscriptions”
- Click “Activate”
- Copy and paste the Subscription Form Code (or Subscription Link Code, if you prefer) into a text widget on your blog.
Now your blog is ready for readers to easily have your latest posts and artwork sent directly to their email inbox.
You might also be interested in:
- Ultimate Email Marketing Guide for Selling Art Online
- WordPress Post Options – Artist Blog Tutorial
- WordPress Page Options – Artist Blog Tutorial
- 7 Powerful Features Every Blog Needs
What are some of the struggles you are having with your art blog? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
Learn how to start, grow and monetize your online art business.
eBooks by Dave Nevue
Art Marketing Video Courses by Dave Nevue
Art Marketing Resource – All of the tools I use and recommend for my online art business.
28 Day Blogging Challenge
Are you ready to start building an online presence?
Take the challenge and join all of the other artists selling their art online.
28 Day Blogging Challenge for Visual Artists By Dave Nevue
Download your copy today, or Purchase on Amazon.
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are key elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business. Available at Amazon or Download today.
Graphite Drawing by Dave Nevue
OVER 450+ Templates You Need to Quickly Create Stunning, Jump-Off-The-Screen Image to Grow Your Blog-- Without Having to Learn Design!