Do you know what posts are giving you the most engagement on your Artist Facebook Fan Page? Do you know the best times that you should post? In this article I will share with you the Facebook Insight basics so you can make informed decisions on when and what you should post.
“Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased, or it vanishes.”
Facebook Insight Basics
Facebook Insight is a very powerful tool for your Facebook marketing plan. After time you will discover trends that will help you better decide what content is best for your audience.
Get Started Facebook Insight Basics
Access your Facebook insights by logging into your Artist Facebook Fan Page.
Click Insight link located on the top menu bar.
This page is the main dashboard for your Facebook Fan Page Insights.
You will see how well video posts are performing.
It will provide you information on reach, post clicks, likes, comments, and shares on your past five posts.
You can also compare the performance of your page with a competitor’s page.
On the Left menu bar you will find more detailed information on:
- Page views
- Actions on page
Likes: (click Likes link located on the left menu bar)
- Total page likes
- Net likes (shows the new likes minus the number of unlike)
- Where your page likes happened (how many times your paged was liked by where it happened)
Reach: (click Reach link located on the left menu bar)
- Post Reach (number of people your post was served to)
- Likes, comments and shares (this will help you build your organic reach)
- How many people hide your posts (this decreases the number of people your posts reach)
- Report posts as spam
- Unlike your page
Page Views: (click Page Views link located on the left menu bar)
- Total views
- Total people who viewed
- Top sources (where the views came from)
Actions on Page: (click Actions on Page link located on the left menu bar)
- Total actions on your page
- People who clicked a call to action
- Clicked on directions link
- Clicked on phone number link
- Click on website link
Posts: (click Posts link located on the left menu bar)
- When your fans are online
- Post types
- Top posts pages you watch
Videos: (click Videos link located on the left menu bar)
- Video views (number of times your video was viewed for more than 3 seconds)
- 30 second views (number of times your video was viewed for more than 30 seconds)
- Top videos (most viewed videos that were watched for more than 3 seconds)
People: (click the People link located on the left menu bar)
- Percent of people that like your page, women/men
You can see that there is some powerful information that will help you post relevant content to your readers. Learning the Facebook Insight Basics will be well worth your time spent.
Do you visit your Facebook Incites on a regular basis?
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter. I will send you valuable tips that will help build your artist blog and art business.
Join me on: