I have met so many artists and crafters who are making extra money selling artwork and handmade crafts at flea markets, craft fairs, art shows and even on social media platforms like Facebook buy/sell/trade pages. Would you like to supplement your income creating easy DIY crafts? In this post, you will discover easy DIY crafts to make and sell at local craft fairs and at home.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
DIY Crafts To Make And Sell
Whether you are a stay at home mom or an artist trying to add extra revenue streams, creating crafts is both relaxing and rewarding.
These days it is posable to be creative and make money right from your home.
I enjoy creating crafts in my spare time and selling them at local craft fairs and online.
Creating crafts allows me to be creative in a different way than working on my original pastel paintings and graphite drawings.
Best of all, I earn extra money while I am waiting for my original artwork to sell.
I usually write about ways you can grow your art business online, but I thought it would be a great idea if I wrote about some different ways you can earn money being creative in a different way.
I have spent some time researching different popular crafts you can make and sell to get your creative juices flowing.
Before we get to the crafting ideas, I would like to talk about something a lot of people have been asking me, and that is how to sell crafts online.
To get started, you will need to have a place where you can showcase your handmade crafts and for a person to make a purchase.
The first thing I would suggest is to set up a craft shop on a WordPress blog with a hosting service like BlueHost.
BlueHost allows you to purchase a domain name and hosting at a very affordable cost, and you can have a WordPress site up in just a few clicks.
With a craft blog, you can share your craft images and sales landing pages to multiple platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
There are millions of people searching for unique handmade products and your crafting blog will drive them directly to your products.
- 28 Day Blogging Challenge for Visual ArtistsProduct on sale
Below are several posts that will help you make the most of your WordPress site.
Related WordPress Resources:
- How To Add WooCommerce WordPress Categories
- How To Install WooCommerce On A WordPress Artist Website
- Why Artist Websites Should Be Built On WordPress
- Social Warfare Review – The Ultimate Social Sharing WordPress Plugin
- WordPress SEO Basics
- WordPress Dashboard Guide
- WordPress Categories And Tags
- WordPress SEO Plugins
- WordPress Visibility Settings
- WordPress Themes
- How To Manage Plugins In WordPress
- How To Manage Menus In WordPress
- How To Manage Widgets On WordPress
- How To Insert Links On WordPress Blog Posts
- How To Manage Comments On WordPress
- How To Embed YouTube Videos On WordPress
- How To Upload And Install Media On WordPress
- How To Create A WordPress Category
- WordPress Permalink Settings
Crafts To Sell Online And At Craft Fairs
Here are some different crafting ideas I noticed at the craft fairs I was attending last year.
I found some helpful DIY tutorials online to help get you started.
Easy DIY Cricut Crafts
I purchased a Cricut for my wife last summer because she wanted to make some special wine glasses for a college graduate.
She has fallen in love with the Cricut and is finding so many great crafting ideas that she wants to try.
Here are some popular DIY crafts, people are selling at local craft fairs.
DIY Etched Glasses – Great Homemade Gift Idea – Courtesy of A Few Shortcuts
How To Etch Glass The Easy Way – Courtesy of Jennifer Maker
DIY Etched Glass Casserole Dish Made With The Cricut – Courtesy of Hello Creative Family
How To Decorate Mugs With Iron-On Vinal And Cricut – Courtesy of Create And Babble
DIY Canvas Wall Hanging – Courtesy of Sustain My Craft Habit
DIY Kitchen Hand Towel With Cricut – Courtesy of The Idea Room
Popular DIY Candles
Here are a few more ideas I came across online to help you get started.
Homemade Jar Candles ~ Courtesy of A Few Shortcuts
How To make Poured Mason Jar Candle – Courtesy of Something Turquoise
DIY Mason Jar Candles – Courtesy of Happiness Is Homemade
Learn How To Make Natural Soap For Face And Body – Courtesy of DIY Natural
Cold Process All – Natural Handmade Soap – Courtesy of Garden Therapy
10-Minute DIY Milk And Honey Soap – Courtesy of Happiness Is Homemade
How To Make Pure Coconut Oil Soap – Courtesy of Mommypotamua
How To Make Herbal Soap: Aloe Vera Soap – Courtesy of Mother Earth News
DIY Holiday Decor
Pine Cone Front Door Wreath – Tried and True Blog
Snowy Pinecone Wreath – Wife in Progress Blog
Elegant DIY Ornament Wreath – Wife in Progress Blog
How To Make Birdseed Ornaments – Courtesy of The Spruce
DIY Glitter Pinecone Ornaments – Courtesy of The Spruce Crafts
More DIY Crafts To Sell At Craft Fairs
Homemade Dog Biscuits Recipe – How To Make Doggie Treats – Courtesy of DIY Projects
DIY Seashell Necklace – Courtesy of Kalyn Brooke
Two Great Tutorials On How To Make A Tote Bage – Courtesy of DIY Projects
Monogrammed Welcome Mat ~ Courtesy of Mama of 3 Munchkins
How To Make A Lamp From Wooden Dowels – Courtesy of DIY Projects
Easy Nautical DIY Coasters – Courtesy of Love And Marriage
How To Print Pictures On Wood – Courtesy of The Art Of Doing Stuff
How To Find Different DIY Crafts To Make And Sell
I am lucky enough to live 30 minutes from the Easter Estates Exposition. Every September my wife and I walk around for a couple of days and enjoy all of the crafters and great food.
Here are just a few of the crafters we enjoy seeing:
- A SHOPPERS DREAM – Clay Creations, Terrariums, Wooden Country Signs & Accents
- ABNORMAL CREATIONS – Wine and Woodland themed products
- ALL YOU BEAD IS LOVE – Gemstones, Silver Jewelry, Handcrafted Beaded Macramé
- ANGELIC ELEGANCE – Hand Crafted Angel Ornaments, Pins & Earrings
- B AND B STUDIOS – Hand Blown Glass
- BEAR HILLS POTTERY – Handcrafted Stoneware Pottery
- BEAUTY IN THE BAR – Bath And Body Products
- BEECH HILL HERBS – Dry Flowers, Natural arrangements and sachets
- BIG BELLY BANKS – Big Belly Banks, Night Lights, Puzzles, Activity Boxes
- BOB CARTER CUSTOM DESIGN – Portrait Painting, Prints & Wooden Crafts
- BUNNIES AND BOWS – Pillows, Tooth Fairy Pillows, Onesies & Tea Towels
- CHALK COUTURE WITH SUSAN TAPPLY & MAUREEN SHEPARD – Chalk, Accessories, Demonstrations
- CONNECTICUT WOODCARVER’S GALLERY – Hand Carved, Gilded Wooden Signs, Clocks, Mirrors
- CONNIE’S CERAMICS – Handmade Ceramic Products
- CRAFTS BY KATHY – Crystal Ornaments, Wind Chimes, Night Lights
For more crafters at the Big E visit – The Big E Craft Exhibitors
I also sell crafts and fine artwork at local craft fairs in the summer and winter holiday season. I make sure to take a few minutes to walk around to see if there are any ideas that I would like to try in the future.
If you do not live near the Big E, visit your local craft fairs. I am sure that you will come up with a to-do list that will keep you busy.
Crafting Blog Posts
Here are more crafting posts to help get you started on your crafting business.
- Craft Blogger’s Keyword Marketing Strategy Series
- Pinterest Marketing Series For Crafters And Artists
- Sell Christmas Crafts By Hosting Craft Sale Parties
- Best Craft Business Tips – How To Get Started
- Most Profitable Crafts To Sell
- How To Price Handmade Products
- How To Find Local Craft Shows
I have found 25 great DIY crafts to make and sell tutorials that you can create and make some extra money to supplement your art business or crafting business.
Here are some graphite drawing tutorials in case you want to start drawing.
Popular Art Marketing And Sales Tutorials
Below are some of the most famous art marketing courses that will grow your online art business:
Most Popular – How to Make a Living Selling What You Make by Megan Auman
Most Popular – Build a Successful Creative Blog by April Bowles-Olin
How to Build a Business While Learning Your Craft by Megan Auman
Pinterest Marketing for Makers & Designers by Megan Auman
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to sign up for my free weekly newsletter.
You can also join me on:
Learn how to start, grow, and monetize your online art business.
Art Business Planners