Are you having a difficult time building an audience online?
In this post, you will discover how to build brand awareness with your signature.
As simple as it might sound, your signature will help you to increase brand recognition.
Build Brand Awareness With Your Signature – Artist Branding Tips
Everyone wants to be remembered and liked.
As an artist, you also want to be remembered for your artwork.
Your art is your unique voice. Creating art is how you communicate and share your message with the world.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone look at your art and immediately know that you created it?
There are many layers involved in building a brand for your art business, and you will want to focus on all of them.
Including your signature on your artwork is a simple but often overlooked branding strategy for artists.
Artist Branding Examples:
- Look and feel of your artist website
- Look and feel of your art blog
- Colors scheme
- Writing voice
- Business cards
- Art prices
These are just a few of the things that affect visual artist branding.
Why Build Brand Awareness With Your Signature
You are lucky to be an artist in today’s day and age.
The internet allows you to share your art with people around the world.
Plugins created by companies like Social Warfare have made it possible to add attractive social share buttons on WordPress sites.
Yes, you are very lucky to be an artist today.
The downside is that there are thousands and thousands of artists trying to sell fine art online.
Do a search for horse paintings in Google, for example.
You will find pages and pages of artists and sites selling horse paintings.
How can an artist specializing in horse paintings have their art stand out with thousands of other horse paintings online?
One way you can do this is to build brand awareness with your signature.
Creating A Personal Brand Identity
- If someone enjoys your artistic style, wouldn’t you want them to learn more about you as an artist?
- If someone purchased a piece of your artwork, wouldn’t you want them to buy more?
- If someone has your artwork being displayed in their home, wouldn’t you want them to share your name with the people who found interest in your work?
- If you came across a piece of artwork that inspired you, wouldn’t you want to know who created it?
If you have answered yes to these questions, adding your signature to your artwork should be a top priority.
You can easily build brand awareness with your signature.
Your signature is part of your personal brand identity. It shows people who you are the artist who created the artwork they are looking at.
Benefits Of Your Signature
- People will know you are the artist of the artwork they fell in love with.
- People will be able to search for more of your work.
- You will be able to build a loyal following.
- Your loyal following will be able to share your name with their friends.
- It shows your work is complete.
- It shows that you are a professional.
What Should Your Signature Be On
Your signature should be on everything that you are sharing with the world.
Your original artwork and prints of your originals should have your signature.
If you share a drawing or painting in progress you might think about using a watermark of your name.
Including your name as a watermark on a drawing or painting in progress will build brand awareness and show that you are creating the art.
Your name should be shown as the author of your art blog posts.
If you are writing an article on a different site, make sure they include your name and a link back to your site.
Your signature is as important as your artwork. You will want to practice how you will want it to appear on your artwork.
Some artists will use their initials; others will use their full name.
You might wish to add a symbol or date with your signature.
Take some time and think about how you would like it to be twenty years from now.
Take a piece of paper and write your signature on it.
When it is time to add your signature to a finished project, take the piece of paper with your signature and place it on the finished piece.
Move the signature around until you find the perfect place to add your signature.
Final Thoughts On How To Build Brand Awareness With Your Signature
Your signature is an easy way to build brand awareness. If you are not signing your artwork, take some time to think about how your signature will benefit your business.
If you would like to be successful selling your art online you will need to make an online presence.
One easy step is to build brand awareness with your signature.
Build Brand Awareness With Your Signature – Artist Branding Tip Overview:
- Artist Branding Examples
- Why Build Brand Awareness With Your Signature
- Creating A Personal Brand Identity
- Benefits Of Your Signature
- What Should Your Signature Be On
- Signature Tips
You might also be interested in:
- 19 Productive Tips for the Selling Artist
- How To Price Your Artwork
- 5 Colossal Mistakes Artists Make on Their Art Blog
- Selling Art Like a Pro Best Strategies
- How to Write an Artist Statement That Sells Art
Popular Art Marketing And Sales Tutorials
Below are some of the most famous art marketing courses that will grow your online art business:
Most Popular – How to Make a Living Selling What You Make by Megan Auman
Most Popular – Build a Successful Creative Blog by April Bowles-Olin
How to Build a Business While Learning Your Craft by Megan Auman
Pinterest Marketing for Makers & Designers by Megan Auman
You can also join me on:
Learn how to start, grow, and monetize your online art business.