Do you have an art website? Are you wondering why there are no sales coming in? Would you like to increase your art online art sales? It is simple, show your art prices to increase sales.
Art Business Basics: Show Your Art Prices To Increase Sales
There is one common mistake I am seeing on artist’s websites that are preventing sales.
The artwork is beautiful, the colors of the website compliment the art, and there is a well-written story that connects you to the piece being showcased.
Everything sounds perfect so far, but what is the one thing missing?
There is no price displayed for the art and no link to purchase it.
If you would like to sell your art online, you will need to show your art prices.
Imagine going to a new store that opened in your town. You are excited to see the store for the first time because you have heard great reviews online.
You walk into the store where someone greeted you with a smile. The store is clean and well displayed. The products are beautiful.
You picked up the first thing that caught your eye, to find that there is no price on it. Not too concerned, you place it down and go to a beautiful porch set. It is a perfect size and will match the colors of your porch perfectly. You sit in one of the chairs and do not want to get up because it is so comfortable.
You immediately say to yourself, “This is exactly what I wanted.”
You start to look for the price of your dream porch set.
You look on all of the chairs. No price.
You look on the paperwork that is on the table. It has all of the details about the product but still no price.
The perfect porch set is starting to bring you frustration.
However, you are not ready to give up yet. You have been searching for something like this for years.
You start to walk around in search of someone to help you. The store is crowded with shoppers but no employees.
You walk up to the registers to find each line has about twenty people in it. Some people have nothing in their hands, while others only have brochures. You soon realize that the people are asking for prices for products that they are interested in.
With frustration, you walk out the doors forgetting about the perfect porch set you have always wanted.
This situation would be frustrating for anyone. If the store didn’t fix its mistakes quickly, they would soon be out of business.
What does this story tell us?
We have to make it easy for the customers to make a purchase.
Enjoyable Shopping Experience
An enjoyable shopping experience will increase sales and increase the amount of returned customers.
How can you provide an enjoyable online shopping experience?
The first step is to think of your artist website like a brick and mortar store.
Your website should be inviting, clean and easy to navigate.
Website Design Basics:
- Make your site easy to navigate.
- Use a font that is easy to read.
- Choose colors that compliment your artwork.
- Show your art prices.
- Provide a link for them to purchase your product.
- Provide a link for them to contact you with any questions they might have.
Go through the list above to see if there is anything that you can improve on your artist website.
First Step For Designing Your Artist Website
- Before you do anything to your website, make sure that all of your art that is for sale has prices.
- Show your art prices on the products that are available as well as products that have been sold. If the item is no longer available, display a note under the price stating that it has been sold.
- Showing your art prices will easily prevent a loss of sale. If a person falls in love with one your pieces of art, you want them to be able to buy immediately. People do not like to click around to find prices or to check out.
- Make it as easy as you can for them to see the price and pay.
Selling art online is not easy. You will have to create great art, find people who like your style, provide a way for them to make a purchase, communicate with potential buyers and the list goes on and on.
It is easy to overlook the basics when you have so many jobs on the table.
Every now and then it is important to take a step back and look at your business with your customer’s eyes.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is your website inviting?
- Do the colors of the site compliment the art?
- Is it clear that the art is for sale by having prices and a link to make a purchase?
- Is there a way to contact you?
- Are all of your policies clear?
Art Business Basics: Show Your Art Prices To Increase Sales Overview:
- Enjoyable Shopping Experience
- First Step For Designing Your Artist Website
You might also be interested in:
- Art Blogging – What Is Great Content
- Why Art Websites Fail: 8 Features Your Artist Website Needs
- Art Blog Basics: How To Promote Art Blog Posts
- 9 Effective Tips On How To Sell Your Art Blogging
- Art Business Basics Before You Plan
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to sign up for my free weekly newsletter.
You can also join me on:
Learn how to start, grow and monetize your online art business.