Search engine optimization, or SEO, is an important aspect of any growing Art business with an online presence. However, not everyone has a huge budget. If you’re just starting out, when SEO efforts are necessary, your budget is invariably tight. The good news is some of the most effective SEO tips cost next to nothing.
Do you have an art marketing plan?
Maybe you have a Facebook marketing Plan?
Maybe you showcase your art on Instagram.
Social media sites are great tools to build brand awareness but it is not enough.
No Website Traffic
- Are you disappointed with how many sales you are receiving online?
- Do you know how many people are actually visiting your site or what they are looking at when they arrive?
Building an online audience is going to be a part of your daily routine. That is if you want to sell art online.
The good news is the work you put in today will still be relevant two, three or even five years from now. The content you write today will still b searchable five years from now, unlike social media posts.
Analyze SEO Efforts
Before you start optimizing your site for SEO, you need to be able to analyze what you are doing.
Sign up for Google Analytics and Google Console. These are free tools offered by Google that will help you learn what is and isn’t working for your site.
Wouldn’t you like to know if your efforts are paying off?
Wouldn’t you like to know what is not working so you can stop wasting your time?
I was able to grow my traffic quickly because I was constantly evaluating the results from plans I was executing.
Not everything I tried showed positive results, but because I was on top of the analytics, I was able to adjust my plans.
It does not matter what you do to optimize your site for SEO, if you do not have content, you will not be found online. You need to start a content marketing plan today. That is when you will start to expand your presence online and start to see your traffic increase.
Your goal is to sell art, right? In order for you to do that you need to make a presence online.
It takes time for content marketing to work. Content marketing is for long-term growth. You might like the quick likes you get from Facebook or Instagram, but are those likes paying your bills?
I enjoy positive feedback just like you do, but I started to realize promoting my art only on Facebook would not help me to reach my goals. I needed to do more. That is when I started to learn about the importance of content marketing.
I was able to increase my traffic from 300 views a month to 8,000 views a month in only six months.
Content marketing, SEO, Social media marketing, and email marketing all work together.
9 Effective SEO Tips for Small Business
- When researching your keywords, use any number of the free keyword research tools available. There are many free keyword research tools available for you to use. Two of my favorites are Ubersuggest and Google Keyword Planner. One SEO tips best practice is to understand what words people use to search for things online.
- Use trends and read blogs and industry publications to find relevant and exciting topics to write about. You can see what is trending with Google Trends.
- Content – Write your blog posts, articles, and reports about your artwork. Content is the foundation of any successful SEO strategy, and if you write your content yourself, you’ll save thousands. The more valuable and compelling your content, the more people will link to your posts. People engaging on your blog will help your SEO ranking significantly.
- Participate on social networking sites and market your website and your blog. Include a link to your website in your profiles and link to new content in your posts. Links generate traffic and boost SEO.
- Use article directories/syndication. Article directories are free, and they’re a wonderful way to generate links to your website. They also help you create an online presence and establish credibility as an authority in your industry.
- AdSense ads can be a frugal way to boost SEO; however, it’s imperative you keep tight control on your budget and test and track your ads for performance. If you are not careful, you could waste a lot of money and get no return.
- Write press releases and submit them to online press release websites. They create incoming links and media attention.
- Get listed on online business and art directories like dir.yahoo.com. Business and art directories create quality and relevant links to your website.
- Finally, partner with other business owners in your industry to link to each other, guest blog or article swap, or to swap advertisements. Partnering with others is a great way to get exposure and increase your SEO for next to nothing.
When it comes to boosting your SEO or creating a budget-friendly search engine optimization strategy, you can’t go wrong with quality content. It’s the foundation for any website, and when you write the content yourself it is extremely inexpensive – it simply costs you your time. Reviews, lists, resources and informational articles about your art are all valuable content types.
SEO Tips Strategy
Read through all of them. Bookmark this page for future reference. Start off with the easiest one that you can handle. Make the most out of that strategy. Once you have that in place, go to the next tip. After a short time, you will have all 9 effective SEO tips in place and work for your art business.
You have to let people know you are an artist and you have art for sale online.
Your art marketing plan should include, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and a place where your collectors can purchase your art.
The nine SEO tips you have learned will help you to generate free organic traffic by ranking higher in search engines. The more people become aware of you online the more money you can make being an artist.
You might also like:
- What is an Art Marketing Plan?
- How to Create a Social Media Marketing Plan – Sell Art Online
- Art Marketing Resource
- How to Sell Your Art Online Tips
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are key elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business. Available at Amazon or Download today.
Graphite Art by Dave Nevue