Do you have an artist website that nobody except your friends visits?
Would you like to know how to get more traffic to your artist’s website or art blog?
This post will share nine practical SEO tips for selling art online and getting traffic to your blog.
What is SEO
SEO is the process of optimizing your website design and content to make your site more attractive to a search engine.
Explain why it is essential for artists to focus on SEO for their website.
You will have to compete with many websites and artists if you are interested in starting an online art business.
It is essential to make your website easily discovered by your target audience.
You can do this with SEO.
Many practical SEO tips cost next to nothing, including:
- Creating a custom online e-commerce website for your art. This is the most effective way to rank well in search engines and bring people directly to your store.
- Using keywords with solid commercial intent about specific art genres and styles that you create can help you show up for more relevant searches.
- Use your keywords as tags on popular forums.
- Using targeted keywords in your social media profiles can help increase online visibility and ranking.
- Installing a WordPress plugin for SEO effectively makes it easy for search engines and users to discover relevant content quickly.
Artists should focus on SEO because the goal of any art website is to be found and generate sales or leads.
Develop A Marketing Plan
For artists, having an art marketing plan is essential. Before implementing these SEO tips, you must set goals and create a strategy for your art.
Maybe you have a Facebook marketing plan. Perhaps you showcase your art on Instagram.
Social media sites are great tools for building brand awareness, but these strategies will not produce the best results.
Selling your art begins with building brand awareness, and we’re here to help with that, so let’s get started.
1) Develop A Marketing Plan
First things first – let’s talk about your marketing plan. Your art is part of your business; without a solid marketing plan, you will not see the results you’re looking for.
Take some time to come up with goals for this year and beyond. Consider what you want to accomplish in the next few years if you have no current plans.
The first step to networking and selling your art is to let people know who you are and what your art looks like. So this means that before we can implement SEO strategies, we need a plan for getting the word out about you and your art.
2) Set Goals For Your Art
Artists are creative, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be organized when selling your art. Set specific goals for yourself before you start creating anything.
Do you want to sell paintings online?
Do you want to work on commission pieces?
Do you want an agent?
Think about what goals you want to accomplish with your art and what it will take to get there. Setting goals for yourself is the best way to stay motivated, so make sure they are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely.
3) Create Brand Awareness
People will not buy your art if they don’t know you exist. This is where creating brand awareness comes in. Your goal is to have people follow your work so that when it’s time for them to purchase, they know exactly who they are buying from and all the options available.
The first step is to create a website. This is the foundation of your brand, and you want to have a professional-looking site at all times.
If you don’t have graphic design skills, you should consider hiring someone on Fiverr or Odesk. You can get many different packages from both sites, so look around and find something that works for you.
4) Start Building Sales
Funnels are a great way to make selling your art easy. A funnel is where interested customers can go and see your work in one place, and you can promote this website on all of your social media platforms.
There are several ways to set up funnels for yourself:
- You can have a landing page where customers can sign up to receive updates about your art.
- You can have a newsletter. When customers subscribe, they are automatically placed in one of your funnels, where they will be updated about your work when it’s available for sale.
- You can create an email list using Cakemail.
- This is a great way to keep in touch with your followers, and the more you send out messages, the better you have of following up with interested buyers.
- You can use social media to lead people towards a specific website where they will be updated about your products. If you’re going this route, make sure that the website you are using is designed to feature your artwork – you don’t want to have customers thinking that they are getting spam emails just because it says “new post” or “activity.”
Analyze SEO Efforts
You want to know if your hard work is paying off. You want the time you put into SEO efforts to produce results. You can assess your efforts by signing up for Google Analytics and Google Console.
These free tools will help you learn what’s not working and give you an idea of where to focus next- all while saving yourself time by ruling out unproductive strategies early on.
What Is Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a website traffic analysis tool. You can use it to track your website’s visitors, actions, referrals, and conversions.
Standard reports come with Google Analytics to give valuable insights into how users interact with your site.
You can set up alerts for specific date ranges and traffic. Alerts can be set for keywords, conversion rates, location, language, and more.
You can also view referral sources to see where your traffic is coming from. This feature gives insight into how much impact your marketing efforts have on your site’s visitors.
What Is Google Console?
Google’s Search Console (previously known as Google Webmaster Tools) is a tool that helps you monitor your website for specific Google indexing errors. These include crawling issues, copyright infringements, security problems, and quality guidelines violations.
You can find out what’s happening on your site through the traffic section of the Search Console.
Practical SEO Tips for Selling Art Online
- When researching your keywords, use any free keyword research tools available. There are many free keyword research tools available for you to use. Two of my favorites are Ubersuggest and Google Keyword Planner.
- One SEO tip best practice understands people’s words to search for things online.
For more information on Keywords, visit:
Keywords – Generate Traffic to Your Art Gallery
- Use trends and read blogs and industry publications to find relevant and exciting topics to write about. You can see what is trending with Google Trends.
- Content – Write your blog posts, articles, and reports about your artwork. Content is the foundation of any successful SEO strategy; you’ll save thousands if you write your content yourself. The more valuable and compelling your content, the more people will link to your posts. People engaging in your blog will help your SEO ranking significantly.
- Participate in social networking sites and market your website and your blog. Include a link to your website in your profiles and a link to new content in your posts. Links generate traffic and boost SEO.
For more information on social media marketing, visit:
10 Social Media Marketing Tips Every Artist Must Know
How to Create a Social Media Marketing Plan – Sell Art Online
How to Create a Social Media Marketing Calendar
- Use article directories/syndication. Article directories are free and an excellent way to generate links to your website. They also help you create an online presence and establish credibility as an authority in your industry.
- AdSense ads can be a frugal way to boost SEO; however, you must keep tight control on your budget and test and track your ads for performance. If you are not careful, you could waste a lot of money and get no return. You might consider Adsense when you have just launched your art blog or website. It takes time for sites to be ranked by Google. So while you are writing blog posts to rank, you can speed up the process with some ads.
- Write press releases and submit them to online press release websites. They create incoming links and media attention.
- Get listed on online business and art directories like dir.yahoo.com. Business and art directories create quality and relevant links to your website.
- Finally, partner with other business owners in your industry to link to guest blogs or article swaps, or to swap advertisements. Partnering with others is a great way to get exposure and increase your SEO for next to nothing.
You can’t go wrong with writing quality content when boosting your SEO or creating a budget-friendly search engine optimization strategy. It’s the foundation for any website, and when you write the content yourself, it is incredibly inexpensive – it simply costs you your time. Reviews, lists, resources, and informational articles about your art are valuable content types.
In this article, we’ve provided you with an array of SEO tips that will help you drive more visitors into your marketing funnel and convert casual visits into sales.
Tips For Selling Art Online – How To Grow An Audience
SEO Tips For Artists – Increase Website Traffic
How to Generate Free Traffic with Basic SEO