Are you finding it difficult to change your schedule when your children are going back to school? In this post, I am going to share with you 6 time saving tips for the school year that will help you stay on track with your art business.
Time Saving Tips for the School Year
It seems like the summer ends once you get use to the summer schedule. If you live in the east coast, you can’t wait for summer to arrive and escape the cold weather. But as quick as summer arrives fall is right around the corner.
Schedules change for parents when it is school season.
You will be waking up earlier to send the children off to school.
There will be school events that you will want to attend.
The amount of homework questions that will need to be addressed can become overwhelming.
Depending on how many children you have will determine how crazy your days will become.
Being an artist your schedule is flexible, but you will need to be organized to get the most out of the day.
Know Your schedule
The first step is to find out the school schedule and if there are any after school activities.
Be prepared to make small adjustments along the way.
There are sporting events that happen in different seasons.
Midterms can create extra stress for the children, and they might need some extra support.
You can develop your work schedule once you have found what time your child will be in school as well as their activity schedule.
Know exactly how much time you will need to create and market your art.Being an artist your schedule is flexible, but you will need to be organized to get the most out of the day.Click To Tweet
6 Time Saving Tips
- Make Lunch at the same time you are making dinner. Also, do a load of laundry at the same time. These are three chores that can be accomplished at once.
- Make a shopping list for when you go grocery shopping. You will be surprised how quickly you can get in and out of the store if you already know what you need. You will also save money not buying things that you do not need.
- Prepare and package as much as possible after shopping. You can cut and separate vegetables and fruits in bags or containers for the week. This will save you some valuable time. Instead of cutting, packaging, and then washing the dishes everyday, snacks will be ready to grab and go for the entire family. Package snacks in serving size packages.
- Split your household cleaning into five days. Each day can be designated to a particular chore. This way you will know what needs to be done for that day. This will prevent you from just going around and doing a little here and there.
- Check your emails when your children are eating breakfast. When the children are finished eating, close your emails until the next day. Do not answer any emails until the next morning.
- Ask your children for help with the chores.
Working at home has its positives and negatives.
If you are not careful you can find yourself putting your business aside because you are focusing on other priorities.
The good news is that you have the power to change and adjust your working hours.
Think of ways you can save time throughout the day so you can focus on your art business.
Remember, if you want to sell art, you have to be able to create art.
You might also be interested in:
Learn How to Start, Grow and Monetize your Online Art Business
eBooks by Dave Nevue
Art Marketing Video Courses by Dave Nevue
Art Marketing Resource – All of the tools I use and recommend for my online art business.
28 Day Blogging Challenge
Are you ready to start building an online presence?
Take the challenge and join all of the other artists selling their art online.
28 Day Blogging Challenge for Visual Artists
By Dave Nevue
Download your copy today.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links on this site are affiliate links. I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you choose to purchase through those links. I will only recommend products I have used, found helpful to my business and are companies I trust.
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are key elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business. Available at Amazon or Download today.
Graphite Drawing by Dave Nevue