Schedules change when it is school season. You will be waking up earlier to send the children off to school. You will have after school events that you will want to attend. There will be homework questions that will need to be addressed. Here are 6 time saving tips to help you manage your time
Time Saving Tips for the School Year
Depending on how many children you have will determine how crazy your days will become.
Being an artist your schedule is flexible, but you will need to be organized to get the most out of the day.
The first step is to find out the school schedule and if there are any after school activities. Be prepared to make small adjustments along the way. There are sporting events that happen in different seasons. Midterms can create extra stress for the children, and they might need some extra support.
After you have found the time that your child will be in school and their activity schedule, you will need to know exactly how much time you will need to create your art and how much time you will need to market your art.
The second step is to create a work schedule. You might have to separate the work hours in the day to fit everything in.
6 Time Saving Tips
- Make Lunch at the same time you are making dinner. Also, do a load of laundry at the same time. These are three chores that can be accomplished at once.
- Make a shopping list for when you go grocery shopping. You will be surprised how quickly you can get in and out of the store if you already know what you need. You will also save money not buying things that you do not need.
- Prepare and package as much as possible after shopping. You can cut and separate vegetables and fruits in bags or containers for the week. This will save you some valuable time. Instead of everyday cutting, packaging, and then washing the dishes, it will be ready to grab and go for the entire family. Package snacks in serving size packages. This will save you time, and you will know what and how much your children are eating. This will be healthier for them.
- Split your household cleaning into five days. Each day can be designated to a particular chore. This way you will know what needs to be done for that day. This will prevent you from just going around and doing a little here and there.
- Check your emails when your children are eating breakfast. When the children are finished eating, close your emails until the next day. Do not answer any emails until the next morning.
- Ask your children for help with the chores. Remember you are not the only one who lives in the house. No one likes to do chores, but when the task is done it will give them a sense of pride knowing that they have helped you and accomplished something. They will be happy that they could spend more time with you.
You might also like:
If you have any great time saving tips, please share them with us in the comment section below.
If you found this article helpful I would greatly appreciate it if you shared it with your fellow artists and friends.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter. I will send you valuable tips that will help build your artist blog and art business.
Join me on: