Do you find that there are the same jobs on your “to do list” that never get done? Even though you are living your art business dream, there will still be jobs that you hate to do. Here is how you can complete your art business to-do list.
“Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”
Having a successful art business is a dream for many artists. To continue to have your business grow you will need to remember that it is a business. It is a real job. There will be things that you love and hate to do, just like any job. Here are five tips to help you get the jobs that you hate to do, done.
Art Business To Do List
- Schedule your art business to-do list – Everything can be accomplished with a plan. Set a schedule for your to-do list. A Schedule will prevent you from wandering around doing little things that do not need to get done.
- Plan your Week – Take your to-do list and make a schedule for the week. You will be able to accomplish more if you set a designated day and time for a particular job. An example would be to do all of your shipping on Friday. If you do you ship all of your orders in one day, you will save more time during the week than if you would ship every day. You will have more time to get the other jobs that need to get done accomplished.
- One large job a day – If you plan to do one large job and several little jobs in a day you will notice that you will not feel overwhelmed. You will be able to end the day feeling like you have accomplished what needed to get done.
- Difficult job first – There will always be jobs that you will not like to do. Place them first on your list when you have the most energy to get them done. Those jobs can quickly be put aside if you place them at the end of the day.
- Revise your list – You will find that your list will need to be changed until it is the perfect list for you. Keep working at it. After about 4-6 weeks you will notice that your to-do list is always being completed with less stress.
You might also be interested in:
- ART BUSINESS PLAN GET MORE DONE IN LESS TIME
- Long-Term and Short-Term Plans
- Short-term vs. Long-term Planning
Do you need help starting and building your art business? I would love to help and coach you through your journey. Start off with the FREE course “How to Write Goals.”
Visit Nevue Fine Art Marketing Courses. Courses are being added monthly.
Are you struggling with time management? Do you have a winning mindset that will help you achieve your goals? Do you have goals? My book The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams will help you to have a winning mindset, increase your time management skills and have you write goals that you will achieve. Available at Amazon.