As an artist, you might be looking for ways to generate more traffic to your blog articles. The more traffic your blog posts receive, the more people will see your artwork.
The most common challenge artists face is not knowing how to optimize their blog posts for SEO. This can lead to fewer people seeing their artwork.
Another common challenge is not writing exciting and engaging content. If your blog posts are not attractive, people will not read them.
You also need to optimize your images for search engines, add keywords to your titles and descriptions, and promote your posts on social media. If you do not do these things, your blog posts will not be seen by as many people.
Follow these five simple tips if you want to receive more organic search traffic to your online art gallery but don’t know how to optimize your blog posts.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase by clicking on an affiliate link, Nevue Fine Art Marketing may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Tailwind, Skimlinks, SareASale and StudioPress. To learn more visit Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy
Tips For Optimizing Art Blog Posts For SEO
The objective of blog SEO is to get your blog posts to rank as high as possible on the search engine results pages (SERPs). This can be accomplished by using the right keywords, writing good content, and using effective SEO tactics.
To learn how to optimize your website, visit WordPress SEO Optimize Your Artist Website
Here are five blog SEO tips:
1. Research Your Topic
When writing a blog post, it’s essential to research and provide your readers with accurate information. This includes finding reliable sources of information, taking the time to understand the topic, and ensuring that your blog post is well-written and engaging.
A successful SEO strategy includes helpful content that is interesting to read and satisfies the audience’s needs.
Another blog strategy that is often overlooked is researching SEO keywords people are searching for. No matter how good your content is, if nobody is interested in reading about the topic you cover, you won’t receive any traffic.
How to Find Reliable Sources of Information
The internet is a vast and wonderful place, full of information on any topic you could dream up. However, not all of that information is reliable. When writing a blog post, you must ensure your sources are reputable and trustworthy.
Here are a few tips for finding reliable information:
1. Look for sources that educational institutions or scientific organizations publish.
2. Check the author’s credentials and read their bio to ensure they are qualified to write on the topic.
3. Look for sources that have been peer-reviewed or cited by other reputable sources.
4. Avoid websites that are not reputable, such as blogs or forums that are not associated with any official organization.
5. If you’re unsure if a source is reliable, do a quick Google search to see what other people have said about it.
How to research SEO keywords
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing your website or blog to rank higher in search engine results pages. When people are searching for information online, the first thing they do is type a keyword or phrase into a search engine. If your website appears as one of the top results, you’re more likely to get traffic from that search.
There are a few ways you can find keywords your target audience uses in search:
1. The more precise your keywords are, the easier it will be for Google to rank your blog content. Popular tools for this keyword research process are Google AdWords Keyword Planner SEMRush or Moz Keyword Explorer.
2. Look at the search results for your topic to see what keywords are being used.
3. Use Google Analytics to see which keywords people use to find a specific blog article and your website.
4. Ask your target audience directly what words they would use to search for your content.
2. Write Interesting and Engaging Content
When it comes to blog SEO, writing exciting and engaging content is one of the most important things you can do. If your blog posts are boring or unoriginal, no one will want to read them, and they will not rank high on the search engine results pages.
To write good content, you need to know your audience and what they’re interested in. Once you know your audience, you can develop ideas for blog posts that will be interesting and engaging.
It’s also essential to ensure your content is well-written and free of grammatical errors. No one wants to read a poorly written article, no matter how attractive the topic is.
How to Write Engaging Headlines That Draw in Readers
As a blogger, it’s important to write headlines that catch your readers’ attention and make them want to read the article. If your headlines are uninteresting, people will not bother to read the post and will find a different article to read in the search results.
However, if you write catchy and intriguing headlines, people are likelier to click through and read the article.
7 Tips and Tricks for Writing a Better Blog Post Title
You need an engaging title if you want people to read your blog post. A title that draws readers in and makes them want to learn more. But crafting the perfect headline isn’t always easy.
Here are seven tips for writing better blog post titles:
1. Keep it short and sweet
2. Use a relevant keyword describing the content at the beginning of the blog title
3. Use numbers and lists
4. Be creative
5. Be descriptive
6. Ask a question
7. Use strong verbs
By following these tips, you can write headlines that are more likely to draw readers in and get them interested in your content. So don’t underestimate the power of a great headline.
One factor that affects search rankings is CTR (click-through rate). CTR measures how often people who see your blog post in the search results click on it.
The higher your CTR, the better your chances of ranking high on the search engine results pages. So if you want to improve your SEO, it’s important to write headlines that will make people click through and read your content.
The Five Ws for Better Blog Posts: Who, What, When, Where, and Why
If you want to improve your blog posts and make them more search engine friendly, take a look at the five Ws: who, what, when, where, and why.
- Who is your audience? Write for them. Keep them in mind with every sentence you write.
- What are you writing about? Make sure it’s exciting and engaging.
- When are you writing? Timing is everything. Make sure you post when your audience is most likely to be online.
- Where are you writing? Pay attention to where your post will appear on the page. Above the fold is best.
- Why are you writing? Know your purpose. Are you trying to inform, entertain, or both?
Writing a detailed post that uses the five W’s can help improve your blog post and make it more likely to rank high in the search engine results pages.
3. Optimize your Images for Search Engines
You need to optimize your images for search engines for better search rankings. This means adding keywords to the alt text of your images.
The alt text appears when an image doesn’t load or when a user views your site with images turned off. When adding keywords to your alt text, be sure to use relevant and descriptive keywords. The alt text also explains to Google what the image is about and how it’s pertinent to your content.
To add keywords related to your images in the alt text, open the image in your blog post editor and add the keywords in the “alt text” field.
How long it takes for a web page to load affects Google displays blog posts. If your web pages take too long to load, they will rank lower than other sites load faster.
One way to increase Google SERPs is to ensure your images are the correct size. You can resize your images before uploading them to your blog post.
When resizing your images, keep the aspect ratio the same. This means that you should maintain the height and width of your image while reducing or increasing the pixel dimensions.
If you change the aspect ratio of your image, it will become distorted.
To resize your images without distorting them, follow these steps:
2. Ensure the “Constrain Proportions” or “Lock Aspect Ratio” option is selected.
3. Enter the new width or height you want for your image.
4. Save the image and upload it to your blog post.
5. Compress Images
The size of your images can also affect your page load time. To reduce the file size of your images, you can compress them.
There are a few ways to compress images, but we recommend using an online compression tool like tinypng.com or Photoshop.
To compress an image in Photoshop, follow these steps:
1. Open the image in Photoshop.
2. Go to “File” and then “Save for Web & Devices.”
3. A new window will open. In this window, you can select your image’s file format and quality. We recommend using a JPEG file format and setting the quality to 60-70%.
4. Click “Save” and upload the image to your blog post.
4. Add Keywords to your Titles and Content
When you add keywords to your blog posts, you’re helping search engines understand what your new blog post is about. By adding relevant keywords throughout your content, you can improve your chances of ranking higher in search results.
How to Choose the Right Keywords for your Blog
When choosing keywords for your blog post, think about what people might type into a search engine to find your content. Try to include keywords relevant to your topic, but don’t go overboard. A good rule of thumb is to use 1-3% of your total word count. Using too many keywords (keyword stuffing) will rank your post lower on the search results pages.
The best blog SEO strategy is to add the main keyword in the title, meta descriptions, and a couple of times in the main content.
Along with the main keywords you want to rank for, you will also include semantically related keywords (LSI Keywords).
LSI Keywords are related to your main keyword but not necessarily synonyms. For example, if your main keyword is “cat,” some semantically related keywords might be “feline,” “animal,” “pet,” and “house pet.”
Including LSI semantic keywords in your post will increase your organic search results since search engines will see that your content is relevant to a more significant number of keywords.
The Best Tools and Techniques for Adding Keywords to your Blog Posts Titles and Content
1. Google AdWords Keyword Planner: This free keyword search tool from Google helps you research keywords for your blog post. Enter a few words related to your topic, and the Keyword Planner will generate a list of related keywords and phrases.
2. Yoast SEO Plugin: This is a free WordPress plugin that helps optimize your blog post for the search engines. Yoast SEO will analyze your post and tell you how to add keywords to improve your SEO.
3. KWFinder: This is a paid keyword research tool, but offers a free trial. KWFinder helps you find long-tail keywords that you can use in your blog post.
4. SEMrush: This is another paid keyword research tool, but it offers a free trial. SEMrush helps you find keywords that your competitors are targeting, so you can steal their traffic.
5. Google Search Console: This is a free Google tool that helps you track your website’s search engine rankings and visibility.
How to Track your Keyword Results and Make Changes as Needed
1. Google Search Console: As mentioned earlier, the Google Search Console is a free tool that helps you track your website’s search engine rankings and visibility. The Search Console will show you how your website’s ranking for specific keywords has changed over time.
2. Google Analytics: This is also a free Google tool that helps you track your website’s traffic. Google Analytics will show you how much traffic your website receives from organic search and which keywords are driving that traffic.
3. Bing Webmaster Tools: This is a free Microsoft tool that helps you track your website’s search engine rankings and visibility. Bing Webmaster Tools will show you how your website’s ranking for specific keywords has changed over time.
By monitoring your SEO efforts, you can see which keywords are working and which ones aren’t. If you’re not happy with your results, make changes to your blog post (add more keywords, change the title, etc.) and track the results to see if they improve.
5. Promote Your Posts on Social Media
One of the best ways to get more traffic to your blog posts is to promote them on social media. Sharing your posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social networks will help you reach a larger audience.
You can also use social media to get feedback on your blog posts. Ask your followers what they think of your post and any suggestions for improvement.
It takes time for on-page SEO to work and see results, so don’t give up. The more you blog, the better your on-page SEO will become, and the higher your website’s search engine rankings will be.
The first step is to create optimized blog posts, and the second step is to promote them while you are waiting for Google to index them in the search result.
If you want to improve your blog’s SEO, it’s essential to create fresh content regularly and use the right keywords in your posts. You can use Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Yoast SEO Plugin, KWFinder, SEMrush, and Google Search Console to find the best keyword phrase for your content. You should also track your website’s search engine rankings and traffic over time and make changes to your blog post as needed. Finally, don’t forget to promote your posts on social media to reach a larger audience.
You can improve your blog’s SEO and get more traffic from the search engines by following these tips.
What is Yoast SEO Plugin?
Yoast SEO Plugin is a free WordPress plugin that helps optimize your blog post for search engines. Yoast SEO will analyze your post and tell you how to add keywords to improve your SEO.
What is KWFinder?
KWFinder is a paid keyword research tool, but it offers a free trial. KWFinder helps you find long-tail keywords.
What is SEMrush?
SEMrush is another paid keyword research tool, offering a free trial. SEMrush helps you find keywords that your competitors are targeting, so you can steal their traffic.
What Is Image Alt Text?
Image alt text is the text that appears when you hover over an image. Alt text should describe the image and include keywords.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tool that helps track your website’s traffic. Google Analytics will show you how much traffic your website receives from organic search and which keywords drive that traffic.
What are Internal Links?
Internal links are links from one page on your website to another page. Internal links help improve your website’s SEO by passing link juice (rankings) to the pages you want to rank higher.
What Are Outbound Links?
Outbound links are links from your website to another website. Outbound links help improve your website’s SEO by passing link juice (rankings) to the websites you want to rank higher.
What is a Featured Snippet?
A Featured Snippet is a highlighted snippet that appears at the top of the search results. The featured snippet is taken from one of your blog posts, and it includes a short summary and a link to your post.