Are you struggling with taking great images of your artwork to put online? Selling art online has made it easy for artists to pursue a career doing what they love to do. The other side of the coin is that if the images of your artwork are of low quality, no one will purchase your art. I have come up with a list of 3 best digital cameras for photographing artwork to help you showcase your artwork with high-quality images.
When you take a photo of your artwork, you want to make sure that it represents the original. You do not want the buyer to be surprised when they open the package. An image that does not represent the original will only upset a customer and tarnish your business
Read Sell More Art With High-Quality Images for some helpful tips on taking pictures of your artwork.
What to look for:
- 12MP or higher
- A larger sensor size will produce a better quality image, but costs will be higher
- Image stabilization helps reduce blur (I recommend using a tripod)
- Optical viewfinder is accurate to what the camera is seeing
3 Best Digital Cameras For Photographing Artwork
The cameras listed below are recommended for artists looking to photograph their art for digital display and prints.
- 0 Megapixel Hybrid CMOS AF sensor
- Vari-angle 3.0” Clear View LCD ll Touchscreen
- ISO 100-12800 sensitivity
- 5 fps shooting 9-point AF system
- EOS system of lenses and accessories
Great camera for photographs or artwork for digital web and prints.
- 3 MP for superb detail and amazing enlargements for prints
- Ultra-fast with auto focus
- 3 Mega Pixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- High Sensitivity
- 921,000 dots of resolution
If you are looking for a good quality digital camera for digital images to display on the web but are not interested in selling prints, the Sony camera below will work fine and is less expensive than the cameras above.
- 30x optical zoom
- 4MP sensor
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
For graphite, artists read How To Share Your Drawings Online.
If you are taking images of your artwork, you will want to make sure your images are not blurry. You want the images to reflect your original art so people will feel confident buying from you online.
You might want to consider purchasing a tripod.
- ZoMei Z818 Light Weight Heavy Duty Portable Magnesium Aluminum Travel Tripod Comes with Quick Release Plate Ball Head and Carry Case for Canon Sony Nikon DSLR Cameras
Recommended books to enhance your photography skills:
Complete Digital Photography by Ben Long
Langford’s Basic Photography: The guide for serious photographers – Michael Langford
You want high-quality images of your artwork if you are planning to showcase them online. Cameras for photographing artwork is an investment that cannot be overlooked if you are photographing artwork and selling prints of your original artwork.
You might also be interested in:
- Sell More Art with High-Quality Images
- 7 Tips Photographing Artwork to Sell
- How to Sell Drawings Online and Make Money
- How to Sell Paintings and Make Money
Are you struggling with time management? Do you have a winning mindset that will help you achieve your goals? Do you have goals?
My book The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams will help you to have a winning mindset, increase your time management skills and have you write goals that you will achieve. Available at Amazon.
Note: Some links on this site might be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. All affiliate links are products that I have tried and have helped me grow my business. I will never promote a product that I do not believe in. I provide these links for convenience and because I believe in the product. However, I do not make any promises that you will get the same results that I have with any affiliate links on this site.