Are you becoming discouraged that no one id reading your posts? Learn some easy tips that I use to create blog posts people will read.
Create Blog Posts People will Read
The structure is defined as arranging something according to a plan. The structure provides organization or a pattern. Your pattern, the way you organize your posts, and your sentences will become your writer’s voice. If you are not consistent, your readers will not know that you wrote the post. Your top priority is to have your audience get to know and trust you.
The structure of your art posts will allow your readers to have an enjoyable experience reading what you have to say. Your following will become familiar with your style and learn your voice. If you continually change the format of your posts, you will confuse them, and they might lose interest in what you have to say.
Take some time thinking about how you would like your posts to be structured. When you have decided what you like, stay consistent. You want to build loyal readers. Your loyal readers will become loyal fans and your best advertisers.
How does the structure of your blog post create a loyal reader?
Your readers are reading your posts for entertainment, education, inspiration or motivation. If you can provide an experience they will enjoy, they will look forward to reading more of your articles.
The structure of your article should provide a flow of content the reader can absorb effortlessly. Respecting the reader’s time on your site will build a relationship. The reader will connect with your articles and learn your writing voice. Your goal is to have the reader feel as if they are talking with you.
How To Structure Art Posts?
Before you can develop a structure, you need to decide what type of content you will be delivering.
Here are just a few ideas you might want to consider:
- New artwork posts
- Upcoming events
- Work in progress
The structure of these four examples will be entirely different from one another. You will want to decide how you would like each category or subject to be designed.
For example, supply posts will be different than work in progress posts. The supply post will be filled with your views and facts on a particular tool that you are featuring. Work in progress posts will feature images of your artwork. You will have more text on the supply post than the work in progress post.
Create Blog Post Tips That Work
- Your opening sentences will describe the topic of the article. Spend some quality time on your opening sentence to hook your readers. Over 25% of readers will leave the page after reading the opening sentences without reading the content of the article.
- The next section should explain what the readers will learn if they continue to read.If you are writing an art supply review, this is where you will describe a summary of a particular product that you are reviewing.
- The following section should explain who will benefit from the article.
- After that, you should explain why the content is relevant and what it will resolve.
- The next section should provide a solution.
- A call to action is next. Where would you like your readers to go from here?
- The final section is a conclusion of the entire post.
Create Blog Post Style:
There are a few best practices I would like to share with you to make an easier reading experience for your audience.
- Short Paragraphs – Less than six sentences.
- Bullet lists – Use bullet lists to highlight key facts that you are writing about.
- Numbered lists – Use number lists to explain step by step ideas.
- Bold text – Highlight keywords for the readers who scan.
- Italicized text – Great for quotes or questions.
- Images – Break up text with eye-catching images.
- Videos – Include videos that support your content.
Here are some extra things that you might want to consider.
- Add in-text links to other posts that you have written. There are a couple of reasons you ought to consider linking to other posts. The main reason is that you are providing a great experience for your reader by providing them with extra content that they will be interested in reading. The other reason is that you are keeping your older posts alive. Instead of having your older posts get lost, help them stay alive by linking to them.
How to link text to another page in WordPress.
Create blog posts with internal links to other posts tthat you have written.
Highlight the text that you would like to create a hyperlink.
Click on the Insert/edit link.
Add the URL that you would like the text to link to then click Apply.
You might also want to consider adding “More articles you might enjoy:” at the end of the post.
- Keep your article flowing and stay on topic. You want to make your article easy to read. If your content ‘s hard to read and jumps from topic to topic, you will increase the chance of losing your reader.
Many people that read blog posts just skim through the content. If you make it easier for your reader to scan, you will increase the chance of them reading your entire post.
More articles that you might enjoy:
Create blog posts that people want to read. You want to build your audience. You do this by writing for your audience. Be consistent with your writing and structure your posts to make it a more enjoyable experience for your readers. Create blog posts your readers will love.
Do you need help starting and building your art business? I would love to help and coach you through your journey. Start off with the FREE course “How to Write Goals.”
Visit Nevue Fine Art Marketing Courses. Courses are being added monthly.