Do you have a strategy for your Facebook marketing? Are you noticing a decline in your organic reach recently? More than ever it is important to use Facebook Insights to reach your audience.
There has been a steady decline in fan page organic reach since 2012. Facebook just announced that they would focus more on showing content from family and friends on the newsfeeds. This will have an effect on fan page views. Organic reach is predicted to drop by 50%. Organic reach is when a person sees your content in their feed without you paying. That means that if your posts were reaching 20 people, you will now only reach ten fans.
What can artists and business owners do to get their message out to their fans? You have worked hard to build your fan page, and you rely on people seeing your content. There is no way to fight against Facebook’s changes. The only think that you can do is change with them. You will need to analyze what works and hit it hard. Use Facebook Insights to reach your audience.
How To Use Facebook Insights To Reach Your Audience
Facebook offers a powerful tool to allow fan page owners to understand what content is hot and some basic information on their fans.
There is a lot of information but the most important are Engagement, Reach, and Benchmarks.
Let’s take a look at your Facebook Insights and get you familiar with some of the key areas.
In your Facebook Fan Page click the Insights Link located at the top of the page.
Next, you will want to click on the Reach link. Here you will find a graph that will show you the stats on your post reach. You will want to take note of what your peaks are, and analyze why they are working better than other posts.
Reach can be frustrating because Facebook is in total control of who sees your posts. However, if you can produce great posts and have people engage with them, you will receive more organic reach.
Engagement on posts is crucial for higher organic reach. It is important for you to put most of your energy here. You will want to know what content people are engaging with. Once you have a clear vision of what is working and what is not working, you will be able to spend your time wisely.
Click on the Posts link and you will be redirected to a page that will provide your engagement stats. You will be able to see what posts have more post clicks, and more reactions, comments, and shares.
One thing that is guaranteed is that there will always be change. I hope that you have been reading my posts for some time now. If you have, you already know the importance of having a blog. You are in control of your business, and Facebook is in charge of their business. Take control of your business and do not build on rented land. If you have not already, start a blog today.
We have no control of what Facebook does. The only option that you have is to use the tools available to help keep you in the game.
Build a blog, build your email list, keep learning, and always stay positive. Best of luck with your success.
If you are struggling with Facebook I recommend reading How To Use Facebook To Grow Your Business by Andrea Vahl. (Affiliate Link) This ebook will make sure that you have covered all of the essential that are important for succeeding with Facebook.
What you will learn:
- Why use Facebook for business
- How to get signed up and what pitfalls to avoid
- How to get seen in the News Feed
- How often to post and what to post
- Fan Page or Group and what the difference is
- How to build an engaged Facebook Fan base that will buy from you and spread the word about your business.
- What are the best practices that will help you play by the “unwritten” rules
- How to maintain your privacy
- Essential settings to change to be able to interact with your clients and ways to organize Facebook so you don’t miss anything
- How to Like other Pages as your Page and how it can help your business
- How to connect Twitter, your website or blog to Facebook to streamline your updates and save you time
- Facebook tracking tools to make sure you are getting a return on your investment of time
- How to create events that can go “viral”
- and much more
How To Use Facebook To Grow Your Business by Andrea Vahl (Affiliate Link)
You might also be interested in:
- 12 Facebook Page Apps for your Art Business
- Facebook Page Basics How to Build Your Following
- How to Use Your Facebook Business Page to Engage with Other Pages
If you are interested in learning more about growing your art business, visit Nevue Fine Art Marketing Courses. New material is being added regularly.
The Productive Artist How to Live Your Dreams The right mindset and time management skills are essential for any business. These topics are often not talked about but are key elements for your success. You will learn how to have a winning mindset and time management skills necessary for operating a successful art business. Available at Amazon or Download today