Pinterest is an artist’s social network dream. Pinterest is a visual social network site that allows people to share and discover content that interests them. Since Pinterest is visual, it is a must for any artist trying to build their brand and showcase their artwork. Like any social media network, you will want to build a following. In this article you will discover how easy it is to build a following on Pinterest to help build your artist brand.
Build a Following on Pinterest Basics
Why is it Important to Build a Following on Pinterest?
- The more followers you have on Pinterest, the more pins, likes and comments you will receive.
- The more engagement you have on your pins, the more views your pins will receive helping you build your artist brand on Pinterest.
- Pinterest can help you generate traffic to your artist blog and art website. This will help to increase your art sales.
Promote Your Pinterest on Your Blog
Let people know that you are on Pinterest. You can add links on your WordPress Blog so your readers can easily follow you on Pinterest.
- Pinterest Widgets – includes follow button, board widget, pin widget, and more.
- Pinterest Widget Builder – allows you to create buttons and widgets to add to your blog.
- Images of your artwork with a link to where people can find more information.
- Articles from your blog.
- Upcoming events.
- Content that is relevant to your brand and useful to your audience from other blogs.
- Art that inspires you by your favorite artists.
- Images that inspire you to create the artwork that you create.
When you share content, more people will see your pins. The pins will lead people back to your page.
What you pin will build your artist brand. People will be able to learn more about you and feel more connected with you. Building trust will generate more sales and possibly build loyal collectors.
- Take advantage of the popular section on Pinterest by commenting on valuable pins. This could help you to get other people to check out your page.
- Make your comments meaningful. Do not just write “great pin.” Explain your thoughts about the pin and the content. By sharing your views, others will visit your page and follow you.
- Comment on other artists pins. You will build relations with other people in your niche.
- Limit your comments; too many are considered spam by Pinterest.
Pinterest makes it easy for you to organize the content that you like on boards.
Make it an enjoyable experience for your visitors by creating specific “topic boards.”
The more specific your boards are, the easier it will be for someone to find the content that they are searching for.
Keeping you page organized will help you build your following.
Pinterest could be in fact one of your best social media network tools that you could use to build your art business.
Take some time by searching through Pinterest before you get started.
Build your Pinterest Page and start building your following. Like anything, it will take work for you to see results, but your efforts will be rewarded.
Build a Following on Pinterest:
Visit me on Pinterest.
What are your thoughts about Pinterest? I would love to hear from you.
By Karen Leland
Are going to start your art blog today? Go to Artist Blog Resource for many articles to help you start your blog and build your audience.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter. I will send you valuable tips that will help build your artist blog and art business.
Join me on:
NOTE: Some links on this site are affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. One of the ways that Nevue Fine Art and Marketing is able to cover its cost and be a sustainable business that provides you valuable information is that we earn a small commission when readers make a purchase from our affiliate links after clicking on the link.